Help

Forum >> Help >> 2020 Season   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
LimelightPete

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
New to Broken Bat - freakin' awesome game. Spending a good hour or more each day with it. Becoming an obsession. I mutter my rookie 15/20 3rd baseman's name during sex. I keep accidentally calling my son "Casey". The wife is pissed, my marriage is now crumbling worse than my team's record. Thanks, Steve.

My question is - When does the 2020 season actually begin? Specifically, the date and time that free agent and waiver availability begin. My wife and I will be vacationing in Hawaii until 10/15, and if it starts before then, I may have to ditch in the middle of a luau to start the season.

Could get ugly...
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
If everything goes right, the season will flip on the weekend of October 11/12/13th and players will be available for waiver claim submissions starting around then. It depends a bit on how well the off-season processing goes. Remember, after the season flip, every available player goes through a waiver claim process, so no player is "immediately" available to be signed as a free agent.

If everything goes according to schedule, spring training with begin on Friday, Oct. 17th.

Enjoy Hawaii!

Steve
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The regular season seems to take forever, mostly due to Cup games. To have a full week of realtime between seasons seems excessive. Why in the world is it so long? It's a great way to make people lose interest in the game.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd say the next season unofficially starts when free agency reopens. That's one of the most active parts of my season anyway. So, if the events page is to be believed, we have a three day off season to wait out.

Previous Page | Show All |