Help

Forum >> Help >> Bot or Management?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Can you send me a link to the game...and maybe I can help.

In general, the rules for pitchers are followed pretty reliably except:

1. No hitters
2. Save Situations with a closer
3. Excessive Pitch or Staff Fatigue situations

Thanks,

Steve
Butch

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve
Here is the link to the game in question. (SP) Parra is set at 105,9,1
http://brokenbat.org/game/1401434
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Was Musial set as your closer for this game?

What happened (I think), is that your closer's 1st Inning setting was the 8th inning. The situation became a save situation and so the closer came in.

Steve
Butch

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve ask:

Was Musial set as your closer for this game?

As you can see we are in a heated battle for division championship so paying particular attention to detail. McLaughlin is our closer and in fact has 21 saves in 42 games, 83 IP. McLaughlin was set as our CLR for this game at 45,5,8. Musial was set Unassigned 0,1,9. As you can see the game was 0-0 when Parra comes out with 29 pitches still remaining on his 105 pitch count. How would it call for a save situation?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Wasn't a save situation. Don't think it was the closer.

Parra hooked at 79 pitches in his start immediately before that one (in the 6th inning, with no runners on base and 2 runs allowed).

http://brokenbat.org/game/1401382

Not to doubt you, but are you certain he was set on a 105 pitch limit?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Well, the other opinions are:

1. There is something wrong with the logic with respect to unassigned pitchers (I will double check the game engine logic). Musial was unassigned in this instance.

2. The pitch count was set accidentally low and the default starter pitch count of 75 kicked in. That's why he's getting the hook. (I'll try to put some debug in to catch this).

Thanks,

Steve

Updated Saturday, October 4 2014 @ 8:44:02 am PDT
Butch

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Guys what can I say. I checked everything I've indicated above before posting. I mentioned in initial post "not the first time this has happened" as also saw he had been pulled in an earlier game as mentioned. Parra has been consistently set at 105 since all-star break and I believe his IP to GM played stats tend to display this. He's on track for pitching 190 IP this season which I also monitor.

If mine is an isolated incident then no worry, as not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. Love baseball, love this game, appreciate the help.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
W/r to the unassigned guy pitching:

There are 4 relievers assigned:

McLaughlin is the closer; he's not going to come into a tie game due to his role.

Diaz is set-up; he threw 32 pitches the day b/f this game, and 10 pitches the game b/f that.

Middle reliever Flowers pitched 82 pitches the game b/f.

Middle reliever Blevins pitched 86 pitches in the game 2 days b/f.

Its looks to me like the only available guy in the bullpen was the closer. So its not surprising one of the unassigned guys was called upon.

I wouldn't be surprised if unassigned guys pitched fairly frequently for you, given the 4 man pen and high pitch counts on the 2 middle relievers.

Parra hooking 2 games in a row at 75 with a 105 count is odd.

Updated Saturday, October 4 2014 @ 9:25:14 am PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, I needed to double check the unassigned pitcher logic. Perhaps there is an issue with it. Otherwise, I will add debug and if it happens again, I can see why.

Steve
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Apologies OP.

I was forgetting you said your unassigned guys were set to enter in inning 9. Even if the hook had been met, I would have expected the starter to stay in till the 9th with all the fatigue in the pen.

(And Diaz did eventually pitch, so I guess he wasn't that tired :) ).

Previous Page | Show All |