Help

Forum >> Help >> Injury days remaining   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Snookbone

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Can I have some clarification on an issue please? I put a player showing +1 for an injury in my lineup. The +1 was showing on game date Oct 4th, the game was on Oct 5th. He didn't play and was listed injured. Should he not have been able to play that game?
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It is more games they will moss, not days.
Snookbone

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks. This situation leaves it a bit ambiguous, especially with the hover-over saying "days" injury.
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually, it is "days" not "games", but it's game days, not real days.

Problem is the game engine processes matches before the injury recoveries.

You would expect a decrease in the injury days once the game date advances, but that doesn't happen until after the match for that date is played.

This "feature" is as old as I remember, and has been addressed in the past, but it's still working that way.
Snookbone

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So the game handled my injury as expected. A player with a +1 on Oct 4 misses the Oct 5 game, but recovers later on Oct 5, ready for Oct 6. Yes?
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes.
Snookbone

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry to add to this thread again, but I had another weird issue with this system.

On game date Nov 1 I had a player showing +1, so I left him in the lineup, but my next game was on Nov 3 and he was replaced (replacement hit a 3-run homer so no harm done). Another guy showing +4 on Nov 1 is now +2 on Nov 3.

If it runs on game date, the second player recovered as expected, but the first should have played. If it runs on simulated game dates (as there are no games Nov 2, the next event would be Nov 3), then the first player was injured as expected but the second one has skipped a day in his recovery.

Unless I'm missing something...
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You need to keep in mind that recovery happens always after the game is played.

If your 1st player had a +1 injury on Nov 1st, when the Nov 3rd match was played he was still injured and therefore he didn’t play.

If your 2nd player had a +4 injury on Nov 1st, when the Nov 3rd match was played he was still with a +4 injury.

After the Nov 3rd match is played, the recover event kicks in, and since the game date advanced 2 days, your first player recovers completely from injury and your 2nd player recovers 2 days.

Hope this clear that out.
Snookbone

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Now I get it! Useful info, thanks!

Previous Page | Show All |