Help

Forum >> Help >> Upcoming Spring Training   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I picked up my team a couple months ago and recently ditched almost all the veterans. I've picked up many guys/guinea pigs to see what can happen with previously discarded players. My question is this--in spring training would you play 25-27 year olds who still have huge potential (I'm assuming so much that it will never all be gained) that you are planning on playing in the regular season, too, to help boost their skills?

I guess another way of asking the question is--can a player max out of improvement by experience just by playing a full regular season? Or can a player gain more experience/skill by also playing in spring training of that same year?

I'm thinking that these 25-27 year olds don't have much time left to improve so I have to give them every opportunity to do so. If that logic is wrong, I need to start younger guys in spring training to not screw up their development/potential.

Thanks for your help.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I was in that situation last season. What I ended up doing was using the pitchers in spring training, but not the position players.

In my case tho, the position players had kicked around for almost 2/3 of the season. The pitchers were all a little "greener", and had bigger gaps between current and potential.

Also feel any experience you can give pitchers will help smooth their transition to the majors. (Reducing the number of BB-BB-HB-HR-BB-BB ... innings).
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
There is no cap on experience gained in a season. If you play extensively in spring and the regular season, you'll accrue more experience.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |