Help

Forum >> Help >> Should I give my best minor league pitcher a few starts?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Russell Humphries, 14 bars, only at 10 bars right now. I project him as a starting pitcher by the end of next season. I am thinking of bringing him up occasionally for a few starts as the season winds down to start breaking him in. There is easily room on the big club to do this. Good or bad idea?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Did he just promote to AA? Or been there a little while?

Personally, I wouldn't bring him up. I would wait until his recommended placement is the majors (hoping that it is b/f the end of next season).

If he's still in AAA at this point next season, I might look to bring him up then.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Well, he'll get more experience, but forgo training. Considering he's at AA, it's pretty borderline. I would guess he doesn't pitch too well....and I definitely think you want him in the minors at the start of next season.

Steve
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If he was a year younger, I'd definitely bring him up for a few games at this stage. As it is, he only has a little over two years left in the minors, and if he hasn't been in AA for that long, he might need that time to get training. If he's had some time in AA already and is close to moving on to AAA, some experience in low-leverage games now might promote his skills and make the transition to the majors easier later on, so in that case, it might be worth a try.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
He has been in AA since I drafted him 1 year ago exactly.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
just move him back down to the minors a day or 2 before training cycles.would think this should still get him the training.

Previous Page | Show All |