Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitch Repertoire   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Does pitch repertoire condition your choose about pitcher?

For example, do you put guys with most pitches in the rotation and guys who have 2-3 pitches in bullpen or you look only at SI and stamina?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Probably depends on what other pieces you have to choose from.
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't know if it has changed, but I recall steve dying that pitch types don't currently mean anything.
TheBaconator

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not really. Otherwise this guy would be long gone.
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I recall the same as dwindacatcher.
It would be nice, for the future, to implement this feature (e.g.: repertoire's depth and pitch efficiency vs. same/opposed handed hitters).
I guess it's not so simple, clearly.
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed,Meccanodonte. The pitching system might go Topsy turbo if/when it gets implemented. Aces could become below average and junk pitchers could turn great.
Like this guy. http://brokenbat.org/player/79619 He isn't god because of that velosity. He is basically Doc from major league 3. But if having a lot of different pitches became a hot commodity, well he has 5 pitches. (Though how you can gave two different changeups when you have a 4 velocity fastball is beyond me).

It could be nice to be able to train new pitches for pitchers if this ever does happen. Because that afford mentioned plauer would look real real good as a knuckleballer.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
The pitch repertoire is reflective of the skills a pitcher has/will have. But at this time, the actual pitches and pitch count you see on the pitch-by-pitch viewer is largely cosmetic.

Steve
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Not really. Otherwise this guy would be long gone.

That guy is having a mediocre year in the lowest level of competition in the game. I don't think you can consider him as much evidence of anything.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Watching games, I've gotten the impression some pitchers get more outs by fly-balls while others get more on the ground.

Is this true? Or my mind playing tricks on me?

Previous Page | Show All |