Help

Forum >> Help >> scounting fail?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
The lack of range and arm are certainly alarming. Might be better options in free agency.
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Cut him, lephio.
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have to agree. He has to far to go to be useful given his age.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Position players don't seem to "explode" the way some pitchers do. Looking around, the best gain per season I can see is ~15. That's not sustainable (those players drop to ~10 the following season).

My observations suggest fielding responds to experience / trains faster in the majors than the other skills. That's not going to do this guy any good since he appears to be a career DH.

Being 24 in A ball may not be a good sign.

If you have the roster spot, you might keep him around and see how he responds to the majors next season. 18 speed means he might have some value to your club as a pinch runner. But I agree with the others - the chances of him developing into a useful player is quite low. If you need a roster spot, he should be cut.
lephio

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i totally agree with you all guys.. but.. aren't you surprised that the scouting says "VERY GOOD" overall potential with THESE numbers!?!?

:O :O :O
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As Steve always writes, it's not exact science... ;-)
thebuzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What is an exact science is that Speed= the amount of time required to cover a prescribed distance. Range= The amount of distance covered in a prescribed time. They are one and the same.

With a guy like this you can decide which skill factor you choose to believe.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's not about which you "choose to believe" as this guy seems to just be an outlier since he seems to have been created after the two stats were linked, but they still didn't come out near the same. Has he been at the recommended level all 3 seasons? He was 21 when drafted, which is old for a Latin American signee, I wonder if he is just following the typical 7 season development path of the 16 yo Latin signee and that is causing the problem.
thebuzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think your last sentence is perhaps the most accurate.

I've had a player drafted in 2016 that has been a mystery also. Came in at AA and has remained there ever since. Tried to give him a few bats and field play each season and you can see the result. Plan is to just wait it out and see what develops.

http://brokenbat.org/player/81368
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
i totally agree with you all guys.. but.. aren't you surprised that the scouting says "VERY GOOD" overall potential with THESE numbers!?!?

Not "surprised" so much as "disappointed".

Not all players meet their potential. Sometimes their starting skills are too low. Sometimes they don't train well.

Looking at this guy's hitting, I think both are probably true here. It's sitting at 2 after nearly 3 seasons in the minors. So it started small, and is not improving very fast.

Guys like this aren't necessarily mishandled. Some guys just don't make it.

Previous Page | Show All |