Help

Forum >> Help >> Slumps   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jynxed

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi All,

How do you handle players when they seem to be a slump? I have a youngster who was killing left and right handers for the first 1/4 of the season or so but he's ice cold against right handed pitching now. He's still crushing lefties though at least but how do you handle these issues when they come up? Is there any value to giving them some time off or do you just hope they hit their way out of it?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I think this is kind of like in the big leagues, there is no tried and true way to break a slump.

If he's a young player and you suspect his skill aren't fully developed, you can send him down or have him ride the pine for a bit. Perhaps with a bit more training and/or experience he'll be a more competitive player.

Steve
Jynxed

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
hmm ok, I guess in this case if he drops much more maybe I'll give him some time off against right handed pitching then cause he's hitting 350 against lefties.
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If you figure something g out you let me know. So far for my pitchers I've skipped starts, sent to bullpen, and unassigned them each for a bit to no avail. For hitters I've pretty much just ridden it out and it seems to work.

Previous Page | Show All |