Help

Forum >> Help >> Rebuilding my team   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
pyrog

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey guys I'm new to the game. I've seen how helpful everybody is so I thought I'd ask for some advice on my team. After a mediocre start to the season where I feel like my pitching and a few key offensive players hugely under performed I decided to just focus on the future. I just released three old pitchers because I had some young guys that were ready for the majors. Any advice you guys could offer? Also, could someone tell me why a guy like Daniel Quiroz has such a high era? I thought he was going to be my best pitcher
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
His problem is a lack of experience. Pitchers breaking into the majors can be wildly inconsistent. Even ones with decent control often have control problems for a while. Even if his walk numbers don't seem too bad, he may be pitching in a lot of 3-0, 3-1 counts giving hitters an advantage.

You should anticipate Fowler having similar problems. Both should turn out great though.

Other quick advice is to work on stocking your minor league system, particularly a few more pitching prospects. And look to put the 37 year old closer out to pasture when you have a suitable replacement.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Here's a pretty good minor league pitcher who is sitting in the free agent pool. Might help down the road if he develops: Ricardo Cuevas

Updated Tuesday, September 2 2014 @ 9:55:37 am PDT
pyrog

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the help!

Updated Tuesday, September 2 2014 @ 12:41:07 pm PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
No problem o/

Do some searching for free agents/waivers that fit what you want to do. Most of the best ones will be long shots, but you'll win one here and there that can make a difference on your team.

I just cut this pitcher this morning. He's going to need some experience to reach his potential, but he should be a good pitcher in a season or two if he gets playing time once he's recommended for the Majors: Marco Morales
ReekyLeek

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
One word, Defence. The better they are the better your pitchers will be
pyrog

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah I may have been ignoring defence

Previous Page | Show All |