Help

Forum >> Help >> Help! When Can I Get New Players?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I recently signed up for a new team and they stink. From what I can gather, I can sign one new player a week, but does that week run Sunday thru Saturday? The problem is I'm putting in waiver claims for cheap guys who are as good as my million-plus bums, however I never get them. What I need to find out is when I should just grab a free agent because the week is coming to an end. Thanks!
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey MukilteoMike. Welcome to Broken Bat. You can sign one new minor league prospect per week on your roster page (always on Friday), but you can sign as many free agents/waiver claims as you have roster spots for. My first season, I tried to sign high-priced, older free agents/waiver claims and I lost a ton of games and money. This season, I went with young free agents/waiver claims 25-26 years old. I'm having more fun watching these guys develop and I actually turned a profit so far this season.

Updated Friday, August 29 2014 @ 5:39:20 am PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Here are some free agent prospects that might be good in your minors:

Jung Su Park P

Manuel Alvarado OF

Vince Larkin P

Andrés Castillo OF

Alonzo Gallegos 3B

Lorenzo Pineda 3B

Akira Kawano C
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Every Friday (after the training/financial updates) you can pick up a youth player, provided you're not at the roster maximum of 50 players.

Any time before the September deadline, you can sign free agents instantly or put in a waiver claim for players not with teams.

Steve

Jalapeno5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry - another couple of questions on this if I may:

1) If you have a full 50-man roster going into the weekly update on a Friday, do you still get the opportunity to cut a player and pick another after the update; or is the option to draft then unavailable for that week as you had a full team at the update?

2) Assuming you can draft a new player, can that be done any time before the next weekly update?

Thanks muchly!

admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
1. Yes, you can always cut and add. You just need to have 49 or fewer players when you try to add the new player.

2. Yes, you can draft a youth player at any time during the week. The prospect pools drain over the course of the season, so sooner is marginally better than later.

Steve
Jalapeno5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Perfect - thanks Steve. Thought that was probably the case, but just wanted to check. Cheers again!

Previous Page | Show All |