Help

Forum >> Help >> IA   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The fictional towns in my league got put in Iowa as well. Apparently Iowa got assigned as the default state for all the places that were not intended to be modeled on real places. I say intended because although Thunder Bay is a real place in Canada, that seems to have been a coincidental naming, not an intentional naming originally by Steve (before being taken over years ago by Plum).
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Iowa is where Field of Dreams is located
Steve's version of fantastic baseball probably
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Is this thunder bay?
No, this is Iowa.

This is now going to be in my head every time I face a fictional team.
MrTwoPlums

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yup. Thunder Bay was one of the random default locations. That's why we're in the West and not the East. I'm not sure how Steve generated the names, or if he even knew that it's a real place.
Most of the other teams have relocated, but I like playing out of a Canadian city so I've stayed as is.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Now I like Steve even more lol.

As a lifelong Iowan I was looking for an Iowa community to put my club but my son in law got the only open Iowa location this season. Now if Iowa City ever gets a club, that's the one I want since I live about 10 minutes from there. Otherwise I guess I'm happy with KalamaZOO.

I even found a guy on waivers who went to the University of Iowa so obviously I had to claim him. He might even turn out okay. Of course he's nicknamed Hawkeye. http://brokenbat.org/player/84162

Go Hawks!

Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Heehee. I did a little research b/f moving my team in the off-season. The first Waterloo that came up was in Indiana, so as a non-American I assumed IA was Indiana.

Nice to know what state I'm actually representing. :)
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Waterloo is a fair sized town in Iowa. Its known to be a little rough these days. Probably most famous for the 5 Sullivan brothers from WW2 who served together aboard a Navy ship together, I want to say the Indianapolis, and all 5 perished when it was sunk.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I though Waterloo, Iowa is where the British and Prussians defeated Napoleon?

Steve
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
If by British you mean Gangster Disciples and Prussians you mean MS13 and by Napoleon you mean Waterloo PD, then you are indeed correct Steve. ;-)
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Hehe. Cheers Tiger, appreciate the info. Will look up the Sullivan brothers. Sounds like a good story.

Previous Page | Show All |