Help

Forum >> Help >> Bullpen   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jynxed

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So do any of you have anything specific you look for in a bullpen pitcher or is it just a crapshoot? My starters are finally pitching pretty well overall this season and now my bullpen is falling apart lol.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I just look for consistency. Next on the chopping block is a guy who has been consistently bad, but will probably have 50 waiver claims due to being 24 with a 97 SI. The guaranteed over 4.00 ERA is just not going to cut it though. Olson: http://brokenbat.org/player/69166

Gordon is an example of the performance I look for:
http://brokenbat.org/player/69419

Also Jynxed, Ayers has the potential to be a REALLY good reliever, get him more innings. Several of your guys are well past their primes and should not be pitching when Ayers is fully rested, because a 14 block potential limited to a few innings is a future all-star closer.

Updated Thursday, August 21 2014 @ 5:25:16 pm PDT
Jynxed

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Alrighty I'll work on that thanks for the advice. I was worried about pressing ayers as a rookie but I'll try to get him more innings and see what happens.
TheBaconator

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I put my pitchers with the 5 highest stamina as the starting pitchers, then the next 2 as the spot starter and long reliever. I put the remaining pitchers with the three best skill indexes as my closer and setup men. Then, I put the people left over as middle relievers. If, for example, somebody gets injured, somebody else has to take over as setup man, and does good, he'll stay there permanently.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Updated Friday, August 22 2014 @ 6:17:49 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Control.

Relief pitchers are often coming in with runners on base. Low control pitchers are more likely to walk batters or groove a pitch for a home run.

Don't take a 70 SI pitcher with good control over a 100 SI pitcher with poor control. But other things being equal, I feel control is the most important stat for a reliever.

Previous Page | Show All |