Help

Forum >> Help >> Player development in the Minors   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
pleflar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm new to the game so I have tons of questions about player development and general management but I'm trying to take it one step at a time. So, for now I'm going to try to get a handle on training and player development.

I've moved players around a bit, assigning some of my younger guys who were in the Majors down to the Minors to get more training. One of them gets the following message:

He seems a little overmatched at this level of competition.

Currently he's 20yo, has an SI of 88 and I have him in AA. He is, by a fair bit, the best young player I have at the moment so I'm curious as to why he's "overmatched" at the moment. Is this impacting his training? Would he be better off in A or is this just telling me that he has a lot of undeveloped potential?

Thanks for any tips or info.

pleflar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Here's his player page in case the extra info helps.
http://brokenbat.org/player/78710

Updated Sunday, August 17 2014 @ 3:24:47 pm PDT
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He's overmatched at AA. Drop him down to A level to get the most out of weekly training.
pleflar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Will do.

Just so it's clear in my mind, is there a known cause for this message? His skills are better than any of the players I have in AAA, much less AA, and it looks like the previous owner had him playing in the Majors for two years so he has more experience as well.

Are there different rates of training in the different Minor league levels?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome to Broken Bat o/

I believe the message is more related to development/training than his current SI or his ability to play in the majors. Moving him up could cheat him of some of his training development and he may not reach his full potential.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Generally, players should develop best when they're in the league recommended for them in the Roster->Reassign view. Putting them in the majors early will actually make them develop fast for the moment, but that'll be based on experience (which they would get later, anyway, if they play) and not on training (which they mostly get in the minors). To reach their top potential, they need the best possible training AND experience.
pleflar

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks everyone, it's beginning to make sense now.

Previous Page | Show All |