Help

Forum >> Help >> New Player   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Dinoweb

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm just new to the game and wanted to know a couple of things.

First up, I just drafted a new player. He has Fld 7, Rng 18, and Arm 17 which I assume makes him a candidate for CF, but is listed at 1B. Is there any way to move him to CF while he is in the minors?

Second, it doesn't seem like there is any way to review new signings before you select them. It's just click on the button and hope. There is no option not to select the player if he is not what you want, and go to the Free Agent pool instead, or am I missing something?

I know this is more of a suggestion than question, but would it be possible to see all your signing options for the week before selecting one? Even just an indication of if they are a batter or pitcher.

Finally, pitching stamina. Is there a rough guide on how many balls you can pitch based on stamina? Can a 20 stamina pitcher throw twice as many as a 10?

Is there anything in the match report that suggests a pitcher is tiring so that I can get a feel for how long they can pitch?

Thanks in advance.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
In terms of position changing…over time, if you play a player at a different position, he will gain experience there and eventually be listed at the new position. And I agree, I definitely would not “waste” this guy’s defensive skills at 1B – probably would play him at CF or perhaps SS.

In terms of new player signing…currently there is no way to review youth signings before actually signing them. I think your suggestion something we should consider for the future. Also, if you’re a new team, free agency is probably the fastest approach to building a better team.

In terms of pitching stamina…there isn’t any hard and fast rule. Pitchers get tired as they throw more pitches. The only indication of this in the game summary is if they start giving up more runs…but this could also be due to bad luck or good hitters. In general, a starting pitcher probably needs 11-12 stamina minimum and can probably throw 90-120 pitches per game. Relief pitchers vary, but most of the late inning guys aren’t throwing more than 30-35 pitches. Long relievers could go as high as starters if you they have decent stamina.

Steve
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If you want to accelerate the player's transition to OF use him in spring training games and don't pinch hit or remove him for defense. You could also use him in cup games if you figure that you have no realistic chance of advancing. Every inning played at that position will gain him some experience and by the time he is ready for the majors it may only take 20-30 games for him to become an officially recognized out fielder.

Too many players do not use spring training for their up and coming talent and instead keep their veterans on the spring training roster. That's a waste of a good opportunity to get the minor league players some major league experience without hurting your team's chances.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
All good advice.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |