Help

Forum >> Help >> Improvement through experience   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Are improvements based on experience based on number of plate appearances/ at bats/ or games played? I'm just wondering in case someone who pinch hits gets the same experience (in terms of training) as a player who plays the full game.
Also for pitchers is it innings pitched or games played?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
There are multiple types of experience. You receive experience for being in games, but also for just being in the big leagues (although this is limited). In terms of game experience:

Batters receive experience for each plate appearance.

Pitchers receive experience for each out the get.

Fielders (for positional experience) receive experience for each out they play at that position.

Steve

Updated Wednesday, August 13 2014 @ 4:38:07 pm PDT
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Great thanks for the quick reply.

I'm also curious about stolen base success. My thought is that it's not solely based on speed which makes sense. You have to read the pitcher, get a good jump, catcher's arm strength, etc.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, base stealing is primarily a function of base runners speed and catchers arm strength. But there are a number of other factors.

The runner must also get a chance/a "good" lead to attempt to steal a base. And this isn't necessarily a function of speed.

Steve
FMcgriff1b

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Great so the chance/ "good" lead is that randomized each time a player is on base and if so is the probability of that good lead equal among all players?

Also I'm curious whether or not statistical success increases improvement for experience training. So if two identical players each had 100 plate appearances. However, one was hitting .300 BA .350 OBP .465 SLG and the other was hitting .083 AVG .150 OBP and .200SLG. Would the player performing better get a bonus to training or would they improve at an equal pace?

Thanks for answering my questions. I'm just trying to maximize my training and these are things I've thought about for a while and never asked.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Bump.

I too am curious if the success of plate appearances makes a difference.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
No...you don't get more experience for a hit than an out.

Steve
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Steve
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That's good. I never understood why in some other sports simulations you could gain experience faster by playing inferior opponents.

Previous Page | Show All |