Help

Forum >> Help >> Cy Young Criteria   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
yanksfan13

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a question about the strikeout parameter for the Cy Young award winner calculation (if there is one). Is it based on total strikeouts or K/9?

I want my closer to win it :)
ReekyLeek

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Me too, my closer had an amazing season. Would love to see him win
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Like in the MLB, its really hard for a closer to win the Cy Young award.

Steve
yanksfan13

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
2 more questions: I noticed that my closer, Hugh Farmer, is listed above my starter who won the Cy Young, Ken Humphrey: http://brokenbat.org/awards/31/2018

1. Does that mean that Farmer finished ahead of Humphrey in the All-League calculation?

2. If so, what's the dichotomy between Cy Young and All-League that's making that show up differently?

This award stuff is all just for fun, but I'm curious as to how it all happens.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
1. Does that mean that Farmer finished ahead of Humphrey in the All-League calculation?

There is not ordering to the all-league pitchers on the awards page. There are just two starters and one closer selected. They are displayed in no particular order.

Steve
Bill3789

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My ace, Dale Schneider, went 14-5 with a 2.48 ERA this season. He did miss a month due to an elbow injury. I'm assuming that had a lot to do with him not winning my league's Cy Young award?
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
While ot might not have helped, he lost because the guy that won had a better k/9, era, baa, and whip. Dale had a nice year, but Ramon lopez had a great year, and I am really jealous I don't have him on my staff. He is going to dominate for the next 10 seasons.

Previous Page | Show All |