Help

Forum >> Help >> draft pool and aging   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Does the draft pool age? Because if it doesn't we should all definitely wait until Sunday to pull players, yes?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Hmm. Now that's a question. Hadn't thought of that loophole :)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
The draft pool is entirely discarded at the end of the year and new prospects are created after the flip. There is no aging of prospects.

Steve
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I think dwindacatcher is referring to the "Age Players" event on the 27th and whether players drafted tomorrow would be aged differently than a player drafted after the age player event happens on Sunday. Basically, whether there is a loophole to shave a year off of a prospects age Danny Almonte style ;)
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep, that is indeed what im curious about.

Edit: good to know that its a whole new pool and not just a restocked one.

Updated Thursday, July 24 2014 @ 2:58:36 pm PDT
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Wait a moment, around the season change, there is one Friday without a draft (a season has 11 weeks but only 10 draft Fridays). If I remember correctly, that's tomorrow, which would make the whole discussion obsolete.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, there goes that criminal enterprise :)

My draft picks lately have been so bad, I'm likely better off not having another one this week anyway.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Wasn't Danny Almonte more then a year older than he was suppose to be?

This is actually fairly common. I believe there have been a number of foreign players who lied about their ages.

In in the states, basketball player Shabazz Muhammad went through High School and College being actually a year older than reported.

Steve

Updated Thursday, July 24 2014 @ 3:46:28 pm PDT
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Still be able to add player on Fri.
He will then age on Sun as others

After season advance on Monday, there will be no add a player option the first Friday after rollover every season
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Looks like you were right the gizmo. The "Add Player" button popped up. The question about whether it's better to wait until after the "age player" event to draft a player still stands though.

Previous Page | Show All |