Help

Forum >> Help >> My team   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
mabrix292

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi everyone,

I'm Italian and I love baseball so I decided to try this game, but I don't know how to begin.
I think that my team is really bad because the players are all over 30 except someone.

I've a lot of money, can anyone help me?? :-)
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi Mabrix292. I'm in a similar situation. There's not much to do to improve our teams at the moment. Draft college players for the rest of the season as they will be ready to help you the soonest. Once free agency opens again, try to sign some young prospects with talent for your farm system. That's about the only way to ensure you will have decent players in the future as most veteran free agents are expensive and past their prime.
mabrix292

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you Haselrigh.

I'll do in this way, but when does free agency open?
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Mabrix, free agency opens once the season flip is over.
Also, get rid of any players with the "lacking control".
mabrix292

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Can you give me an example between my players?
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Cliff Ricci is an example of a player who has the phrase lacking control.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
You don't have any pitchers in your minors at the moment, but I would look for prospects with the terms "Unhittable", "Strike Out", "Exceptional" and "All Day" in their scouting reports. Avoid ones with "Control is lacking" or "Wild" in the report. Also, look for guys who have "Good" or "Very Good" overall potential who also have 13+ squares on the "Potential" line of their player card. Those will be more likely to develop into major league players with 100+ SIs.
mabrix292

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you.

I have 3-4 young players with 13+ potential and good/very good, do I put them in the major?
ReekyLeek

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not unless you think they'll have some sort of success. No point giving them experience if they're only going to get destroyed by opposing hitters and lose the games for you.

Previous Page | Show All |