Help

Forum >> Help >> Training   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Butch

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

"You can affect what gets trained using the training focus setting. However, the effect is small and in general, all skills are trained each week."

New here and don't know the computer training part works but why train overall skills? When the coach calls out fungo practice, the infielders assemble. Fly ball practice, it's outfielders that better hustle over there. Cross training with pitchers working in fungo is not a part of the normal training routine.The pitchers that are receiving upgrades in fielding aspects rather than pitching aspects in the game is a real head scratcher. On the minors page it would make better sense to me to have a selection of skills you desire to train for rather than different positions. Newbie thoughts so no need to flame as maybe with more player experience I will see it all plays out in the end.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I know people are used to the Hattrick training and player development model….and I’ve played Hattrick and think it’s a great game. However, we just have a different model whereby players training and develop in what we think is a more realistic manner.

I agree with you that if infielders are taking grounders then at that moment, they are only improving their fielding skills. However, in reality, players are taking batting practice every day. Minor league pitchers are throwing and developing all their pitches with every outing. During every minor league game, they will all be hitting, running, fielding and throwing. In general, coaches may focus on certain skills, but as a whole, players develop across the board as they come up through the minors.

Steve
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i chose a focus for my first two seasons, and then i tried no focus, and i have had better luck running with no focus then i ever did running with a focus on a specific skill, so i havent had a focus in oh 3 seasons?
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Will these guys get more training in AAA or Majors?

Here they are:
http://brokenbat.org/player/79346
http://brokenbat.org/player/79997
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Heehee. Those player cards seem to suggest they were on waivers for 4 years. They should get better agents. :)

I believe Steve has posted that whatever the roster recommendation is, that's where they will get optimal training. Any 25 year old I've seen wants to be in the majors. Those guys might be different due to losing 4 seasons of training.

Their SI is quite low for their age (as you've noticed :D ). I would consider both of them to be longshots at this stage. Pitchers can explode for 25-30 SI in a season, but this drops off as the experience benefit wanes. Part of the problem here is that they have to play to get the experience. You are off to a decent start this season. Putting a 50 SI pitcher in the rotation or bullpen will set you back.

Personally, I would look for better prospects. If you want to experiment you could leave one at AAA, bring the other one up and give him some innings, and see what happens.
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How did two 14 potential guys sit in FL for that long...

I too have my doubts that they can do anything now.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
The reason I signed them is because I have a 14 potential pitcher whom I signed at 27 with a 64 SI.

Another reason I signed them is because they can get an enormous amount of training like my 24 year old pitcher, Enrique Vera. He had a 69 SI last season and by the end of the season, he had a 95 SI.

Thanks for the advice on those guys!
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What the f...how can a pitcher jump that much? That doesn't seem right to me...

Should I just be calling up pitchers far from ready and hope they sky rocket?

Updated Monday, August 25 2014 @ 6:41:32 pm PDT
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Because SI is more than the some of all skills for them, pitchers can progress quickly as they gain experience provided they already have a lot of training. It works the other way round to a certain extent if they're young enough. But calling them up too early would probably achieve the opposite. I have such a specimen who was messed up by his previous team and is now in my AA with an SI of 95...
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I know they get the 1.25 multiplyer, but going up 27 points like pig's guy did still means at least 21 skills increased.

Previous Page | Show All |