Help

Forum >> Help >> roster expansion?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I may be jumping the gun a bit here but I started playing a couple weeks ago and am hooked.
Anyhow, I understand the roster expands September 1st. Just how does that work?
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Roster doesn't expand in September 1st, in that date the roster is frozen to sign free agent and waiver claims. You still can get new players with the "add player" button.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Okay thanks!
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
In mlb clubs are no lounger restricted to using their 25 man active roster from September 1st. This allows teams with nothing at stake to take a look at some of their minor leaguer prospects and see if they might cut it in the majors.

Although the broken bat rules state that the minors should only contain players 25 years and younger there is nothing stopping you swapping players in the minors and majors to represent what happens in mlb. I for one have done this when I feel the team is out of contention for promotion and at no risk of being relegated (usually the final series of games against teams in my division), I have no idea whether anybody else has.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, we are pretty generous with the number of times a player can be called up or sent down, but there are no expanded rosters in September.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |