admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay.

Steve
philsfan69

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Can I, as a current owner, bid to own a 2nd team? I know there's the issue of conflict of interest, but the team I am interested in is most likely in a different league altogether.

I play SimDynasty and I am allowed to own as many teams as I want.

Just checking. Please make this happen or try to make it work in the future.

Thanks.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
In general, we encourage people to focus on one franchise and to make them the best team they can be.

Steve
ReekyLeek

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with Steve on this one, would be hard for him to make sure teams owned by the same player wouldn't end up in same divisions as well
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not to mention, there becomes a problem if all the active owners start getting two teams, or someone starts getting a third, fourth, or more teams. The idea of only having one team is a lot less arbitrary than capping at 5 or any other number.
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with points made here. Thing is, it's common knowledge there are already people managing more than one team, albeit in different accounts.

For that reason people should be allowed to manage more than one team. At least it would all be out in the open and checks could be introduced to make sure those teams never end up In the same division or cup group.

Obviously, if people don't want to come clean they can keep their hidden secondary teams and continue with their dodgy businesses.

It's very hard to prevent this, not to say near impossible, so maybe allowing secondary teams could be a way to dissuade people from creating secondary accounts and also an encouragements for people with secondary accounts to come clean and gather all their teams in only one account.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Common knowledge that people already own more than one? I'd say if it was proven enough to be common knowledge, that Steve would have caught them the way he did with a previous person who tried it. Also, you hit the nail on the head with the counter-point of if people are managing the second team to get some kind of gain out of it then they won't reveal their extra account so willingly. Thus you will not have gained anything from the policy change.
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There is no one to be caught here because having a second team is not against the rules.

All there is is a recommendation against it to allow new players to have teams available for them.

I don't think enabling owners to have a second team would exhaust the number of available teams, because those who really want a second team will get it one way or the other.

I wish there was something in place preventing people from owning more than one team but I don't think there is anything like that at the moment, and I know asking for such thing is too much to ask, and in the end there isn't that much harm one can do with multiple teams, well not until they end up in the same league anyway.

Previous Page | Show All |