Help

Forum >> Help >> Overmatched at level of competiton?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ReekyLeek

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Peekay, I've thought about moving him to 2nd with his range, good fielding and decent arm but I just don't have anyone else at catcher right now. I'd rather have him play every day for the experience until I have another solution at catcher. I have too many outfield prospect who are just about to be ready for a call up so I'd rather not be switching him everywhere early in his career. Thanks for the advice though
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Do you guys think I should call up my 24 yo 1st baseman from Class-A next year?

Here they are: http://brokenbat.org/player/78262

http://brokenbat.org/player/74345

Updated Tuesday, June 17 2014 @ 7:49:31 am PDT
ReekyLeek

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He doesn't have the skills to be in the majors right now
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
First, it's they. Second, I know they don't have the skills to be in the Majors. I was asking if I should call them up from Class A next year.
ReekyLeek

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You're in first place and the competition at the next level is harder, so unless they can bring anything good to the team skill wise right away let them get experience in the minors, and possibly try them out at a 2nd position. Making them more versatile to your roster
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I have 1 guy in my minor league system I don't want to mess up.

http://brokenbat.org/player/83803

He's recommended for the majors as of today, but he's just 22 and seems to still have a lot of room to grow. Is he really ready for the majors?
Peekay

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes.

Try and get him some spot starts, or if you aren't going to win your league stick him in every day.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the reply.

I'd really like to fill as much of that monster potential bar as possible. It still looks like a pretty big gap between that and the SI bar. I don't have any experience with how fast players develop in the majors. A little nervous. (Was also hoping he'd want a promotion closer to the start of a season to take a run at rookie pitcher. Oh well.)

We aren't going anywhere. He'll either be starting or a setup guy. Whichever seems to get him the most innings.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
At 11 stamina I'd bet he'll get more innings as a setup man if you are in a lot of tight games. Otherwise you should go starter to get the most from him.
ReekyLeek

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You're in a losing season as is so you may as well give him a ton of experience right away. If you leave him in the minors odds are he won't improve much more if at all. Even if he has a rough season the experience will be irreplaceable. Give him a shot somewhere prominent ASAP. Either starter or MR1.

Previous Page | Show All |