Help

Forum >> Help >> "Designate" a SP   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
This is actually a “feature” that I’m opposed to. I really don’t want people constantly reshuffling their rotations. If you want to shorten the length of your rotation, you can switch from a 5-man to a 4-man rotation. But normally baseball is a game that follows the rotation fairly predictable – except maybe in the playoffs.

Steve
ReekyLeek

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter which pitcher pitches where on the list. I tend to skip my worst starting pitchers starts when an off day permits it and change the order around. It allows my better pitchers to pitch more games. If they're rested properly that is. A lot of major league teams use this tactic when they have a SP5 that isnt performing up to standard. That being said it simply an order to follow and the asterisk simply allows you to know who is pitching next which helps me with my pitching staff. I do not see any bug here unless the asterisk changes when assigning new pitchers, which I have yet to experience. If you're pitchers are too tired to make the start then the game choose the spot starter or long reliever who can make the start. If none are available I believe it skips to the next starting pitcher
billy123

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Changing the size of the rotation resets the next starting pitcher to SP1 if that's of any help....
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve, I'm pointing out the exact opposite.
I don't want to stress a starter playing him on a rest shorter than normal by "designate" him.
But if I put a new pitcher in the rotation or change the size from 5-man to 4-man or 6-man, the asterisk goes on the #1 SP automatically, even if he's not on a proper rest.
I would like to resolve this bug, instead of messing the order putting the #4 or the #5 in the #1 hole and then mess again and again and again..
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
So you're changing your rotation depth a lot and its setting the next starting pitcher asterisk to the first pitcher always?

Steve
California

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok, today, I placed my ace in the 5 hole to start against Clifton. Instead, my original 5 starter started for him. My ace had 9 dots of energy and should've started.
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve: not a lot, but happened. I couldn't swear that always happen, anyway.

California: where was the asterisk after putting your ace in the #5 hole?
California

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Meccanno: the asterisk was at the 5 hole.
California

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Now, the asterisk skips my ace, even though he didn't start the last cup game and my 2 hole starter starts instead of my ace. My second starter has 9 dots of energy.
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
V.8

Broken Bat Baseball
You are using a 4 1/2 man rotation, the sequence of which is SP1, SP2, SP3, SP4, SP5, SP1, SP2, SP3, SP4, SS (which alternates the SP5 and SS in the pitching rotation)

You need to decide which four pitchers you wish to start in every rotation and place them in SP1-4; you then put you two alternating pitchers in SP5 / SS.

If your pitchers are suffering from fatigue consider reducing your pitch count to ensure they are ready to go next time round.

Alternatively select a 4 or 5 man rotation to have a spot starter available; or a 6 man rotation to give more time to recover between each start.

I hope this helps

Previous Page | Show All |