Soccer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No.
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
how about experience, does it make a difference?
gadzooks

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
From the rules:
"No, there are no hidden skills. There aren't any player attributes that can be trained or improved with experience nor that erode with age. There are however fixed player values that affect certain in-game outcomes. There effect is significant, but much smaller than the affect of the relevant skill."

I take this to mean that there are hidden parameters that affect performance, but they are unchanging over a player's career. Candidates for in-game parameters in my mind include a platoon effect and/or possibly clutch performance? At the same time this would seem to preclude out-of-game hidden parameters that affect things like training speed in the minors, experience gain in the majors, how quickly a player learns a new position, injury risk, and/or an aging parameter that impacts skill erosion in late career. But just guesses on my part, I have nothing to back them up with.
gadzooks

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
"Experience" is reflected in the players skills. They improve with experience up to their overall limit, and part of that potential skill can only be realized with experience.

Previous Page | Show All |