Help

Forum >> Help >> Skill Index   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
curtisp5286

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have found that a good prospect's SI increases by about 6 or 7 points per season. It varies from prospect to prospect and playing them in spring training games will speed up the improvement.

Curtis P
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Any positive results playing them short stints on your major league squad, or is that little boost only from spring training participation?
curtisp5286

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I can't really say for sure how much giving them a little bit of playing time in the majors speeds development. I have not done that very much. I have seen some others say that it helps though.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I've also seen some posts about playing them in the majors too much stunting their development, so it's likely a fine line between overcooking them and undercooking them.
ReekyLeek

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Playing them in the major after they've had some training in the minors 2-3 years seems to raise their si quite a bit. I would not suggest playing a teenager but a player who has reached aa ball is more realistic. Now don't expect him to produce much right away. Which is why I prefer bringing guys who will help my team in a way. I bring up guys with great defensive skills and stash them at the bottom of my lineup. They usually hit between 100 and 200 with very little production. Speed also may help to have in this case. But you want to put the player in a position to have decent playing time, so his is will rise quicker
Edmund Blackadder

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Follow the recommended level. If it says AA and you put a guy into the ML, it is worse than having him in AA. Just do as directed.

The hard part is when you don't want a gu in the ML but that is what the recommendation is. Then you may have to decide if having him develop faster is worth it.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
"Three factors determine where the player's current skill level is: training, experience & aging."

Just for clarity.

Does experience visually modify the skill bars?

If so, does that mean the potential bar represents the sum of training and experience, and so can't max out in the minors?

Would a 29 year old with no experience(who no longer receives the benefits of training) still visually show skill improvement if he started gaining experience?

Do training and experience "fill the same pot"? If a player has an SI bar at 10 and a potential of 12, is it a choice between training him to 12 or getting experience to 12? If he gets every last drop of training he can, does that potential reduce the benefits of experience (ie., TRAINING + exp = Cap vs. training + EXP = Cap)?

Updated Monday, June 2 2014 @ 1:02:15 pm PDT
curtisp5286

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Seca, I believe that a player needs to gain experience at the major league level in order to reach his full potential. If you just left him in the minors I don't think he would ever max out.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks. Makes sense.

I linked 2 players in another thread that had "He doesn't have too much room for improvement." messages at ages 23 and 24. Both had 4 years of experience. Makes me wonder if, although you can get 8 years of experience, only the first 4 contribute to skill increases.

I can find 29 year olds with the "too old to improve" message, even if they have less than 4 years experience. Leads me to believe that experience stops contributing to skill increases past 28.

Pet theories. :)

(The posts above about playing games helping training got me on this track. My own interpretation of the Rules is that playing doesn't help training, but does help development through experience.)
curtisp5286

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The only reason that no player has more than 8 years of experience is because that part of the game was added 8 seasons ago.

Previous Page | Show All |