Help

Forum >> Help >> Butts in the seats   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Outfielder

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My attendance is dropping like a rock. Am I missing something? Hat Night? Take Your Kid To The Game Day?

I guess what I am asking is: is the attendance solely dependant on what league you play in and how well you do? Or are there other factors I am unaware of?
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
V.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Factors to consider:
  • Is it a cup or league game? If you look at your ballpark page cup attendances were higher both last year and so far this.
  • Recent attendances, your league attendances towards the end of last year were between 18-21 thousand. This is the baseline you are starting from.
  • The division you are in. The manual guidance for Div VI teams is 30,000 which you have gone with.
  • Your league position. You finished last year in 4th and are currently 5th (but that was after those home games)
  • Recent results. Your low home attendances followed two cup losses.
  • Fan mood (currently 93.48). I am not sure what is good but have always worked on the basis it needed to be at least 100 to fill a "right-size" stadium.

Last year you would have sold out 24 times in 90 league and cup games with a 30,000 capacity.

Simply put, you need to win and stay competitive to maintain and increase fan's interest in paying to watch the Orioles play.

Lose games and lose touch with the league leaders and your 30,000 seat stadium may look a little empty.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Looks like home attendance was average ~20k at the end of last season. Start winning and I'm sure you'll see that again.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |