Help

Forum >> Help >> Gah Pitching   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The annoying thing is my aging "ace" has the highest era among my starters. The guy who has supposed to anchor my very young squad has instead been shelled. On the bright side my #2 has stepped up in his first two starts. As Steve said though it is a long season, and I am especially hesitant to make rash decisions with a squad as young as mine.
Bucks

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My whole starting rotation has only 1 win. What can I do to improve the pitching?
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Bucks, looking at your history you seem to have a bad mix of scoring too few runs and conceding too many.

Your starting rotation doesn't look that bad to me although some are aging a bit; their record is 1-5 with 4 QS from 10 starts. Daniels and Bucks ERA looks OK; Bonilla and Ayala look as if they have been blown out of games early on; if that continues that might suggest old father time has caught up with them and consider dropping them to a role in relief.

Give your starters a bit of time, you may just have been unlucky with the random number generator.

I wonder if you have a bigger problem with your relievers who are currently 0-4-1, no holds and 3 blown saves. Mullins in particular looks weak, but again your closer looks strong enough apart from his age.

For me, your best pitcher, Hill, should be starting.

Your infield is full of players suited to 3B, all arm and no range. peck doesn't look great for CF and Allen is definitely more suited to RF, whereas Stevens doesn't have enough Arm.

Look at the section in the manual on setting up your defense, it good defense will help your pitchers out.

I have not looked at your batting, but clearly you need to score more runs too.

Nice to see Crespin Pineda getting a run out.

Hope this helps
Soccer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My teams pitching is horrible. We have a 4.64 ERA and we have lost the last 7 games we've played. What can I do to improve my pitching?
ReekyLeek

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Your lineup against left handed pitcher leaves defence that needs improvement. Aragon has an arm better suited for 2B, you want a SS with a 15+ arm. Griffiths is lacking the range you want from a 2B. Cox is better suited for LF because of the lack of arm strength needed for RF. Catteneo again lacks the arm strength to play C. Wright should easily go to RF with his amazing defensive skills. Now against the right handed pitchers, Hashimoto is just a terrible fielder and at 30 will not improve. McConnell is playing 3B, a position you'd prefer a right handed player playing with again a stronger arm. Mora lacks the range to play SS. Love seems more like a DH type player with low arm and range skills but amazing hitting skills. Leon lacks the range of a good CF. Galaraga should probably switch with Love position wise. Less of a hitter but a little more defence. Your pitching staff doesn't seem to bad, good skill, maybe a few players with low control. That being said I think you need to rework your defence if you want to see better results from your pitchers. A pitcher is only as good as the defence behind him. Take a look at the newbie guide and checklist in the help section and it'll tell you what to expect from each position.
Soccer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I get the whole random number generator thing, but these types of games really irk me:

http://brokenbat.org/game/1337744

I'm really tempted to cut Tanaka considering he gives up just enough runs to lose most games. This one is really on Gordon though, after closing in the All-Star game he gives up TWO home runs to blow the save and lose the game.

They are made worse by the fact Dunwich just isn't losing enough for me to make up any ground.

http://brokenbat.org/game/1337780

Did I say Gordon? I meant Mann.

Updated Thursday, June 26 2014 @ 5:37:02 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Tanaka has a 3.44 ERA, although his WHIP is higher than in previous years. Can you do better than that?

Steve
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No, my hitters just don't provide him with run support. While logic would say that my batters would have the most trouble against opposing #1s, if you look at the #1s around the league, very few are actually remarkably better than the rest of the staffs. Tanaka will be replaced in the off-season after he ages, as at least two of my triple-A pitchers will be ready by then. He was 113 SI last season, is 109 this season, and will turn 34, so he will probably drop 4 or 5 stats at least again.

Edit: After thinking about what you said from another angle, I dropped Tanaka to #3 and bumped Peralta to #1 and McIntyre to #2. This is the first change I have made to the rotation this season. Strictly speaking my #4 also has a better ERA than Tanaka, but I don't trust Abbott to hold his ERA where it is, he almost never throws a first pitch strike.

Updated Thursday, June 26 2014 @ 7:03:35 pm PDT
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
I think there's and all-star hangover going around.
After posting 2.5 BB/9 with 2.6 K/BB in the first half and getting the W in the all-star game, my SP3 went 5 1/3 with 7 walks and 3 Ks to open the 2nd half.

Previous Page | Show All |