Help

Forum >> Help >> Urrrgh   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
kfwin10

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My manager is always swapping my star majors player Aguilar for two minors players Wynn and Alexander who are both in desperate need for development what do I do to keep the best major league players out of spring training games?
jetsrock48

Davenport Cobras
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Go to the lineup page, and into the spring training section. If your major league player is the backup, change him to someone you want playing spring training games. If he is not in the lineup at all, then move onto the next step.

Now go to the management page, and into the spring training section. Go to the two players that you want playing and make sure that the two boxes for pinch hitting are NOT checked off. This will force your manager to play them in all situations, rather than pinch hitting after a few AB. Hope this helps.
jetsrock48

Davenport Cobras
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
In the management page, I would also uncheck the pinch run and replace for defense boxes too. This will avoid having your manager placing your star players in on defense as well.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Except if you have multiple minor leaguers you are trying to develop it doesn't work. This is the very problem I have and created a thread for, the answer is unless you want to set a lineup daily and let that lineup get all the ABs, there is no way to keep them out. This to me is the glaring problem with spring training that I hope is changed for next season (2019 in game).
jetsrock48

Davenport Cobras
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
What if you allow your starters to be pinch hit for, and set their backups to not allow them to be replaced. This would give the starters ~2 AB each game and then replace them for the second half with their respective backup. Would this work?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No, because the players you list as backups start in place of the starter in cases of injury, but are not necessarily the people chosen to pinch hit for the starters. Instead the manager chooses who it thinks should pinch hit for your players.

Previous Page | Show All |