Help

Forum >> Help >> Spring Training Subs   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Is there a way to make it so a manager will NOT bring in the veterans? I have a ton of minor leaguers that I want to get at bats, but my manager always subs in my best players (veterans) rather than the guys who need at bats.

Edit: I am well aware that if you leave a pitcher "unassigned" he will not be used. This post is about batters.

Updated Friday, May 16 2014 @ 7:14:00 pm PDT
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
At the bottom of the "Management" settings, you can select the spring training management and disable the pinch hitting there.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's not that I don't want the starters to be pinch hit for, it's that the wrong guys are pinch hitting and then playing the rest of the way. I went to spring training and set it so that in spring training it would always pinch hit for the guys I DON'T need to get at bats, yet it DIDN'T pinch hit for them. It's like my manager wants to win these games or something.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think the manager always wants to win, even if it's just spring training. I don't think you can get your manager to pinch hit an inferior player for a better one. The only think you can do is put players you want to get at bats in the starting lineup.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Problem is I have 45 players who are still young enough that they haven't hit their cap potential yet, and most are far from it.

I guess I should just stick it in the suggestions area that there be a status of unassigned for hitters that would have them be used last or not at all like there is for pitchers.

Previous Page | Show All |