Help

Forum >> Help >> QUESTION?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DirtyRoc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
On what day, and time, can we sign free agents again?

Thanks!
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Related/expanded question.

What does the non-regular season schedule look like?

Playoffs = x days (free agents/waivers open after this, right)?
Offseason = y days
Spring training = z days ?

Do injuries carry over to the new season or get wiped clean before spring training?
(fingers crossed on that one - my best 2 pitchers got the longest injuries I've seen in the last week)
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Check the EVENTS calendar
About a week between seasons

As for injuries, I am not certain but believe they wipe clean when player ages
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Greetings. New manager. Enjoying the game. Have a few questions. Thought I would piggy-back rather than starting a new thread.

Is there a way of pausing the match viewer?

Is there a fee for stadium adjustments?

Am I correct in thinking an out-of-position player with strong and appropriate defensive skills will play as well or better than an in-position player deficient in a relevant defensive skill?

I would like some clarification on:

Every week, a team will have the option of signing a new player from one of five sources: from High School, from College, from a Latin Academy, an International Player or a Free Agent. Each source will produce players of varying ages, nationalities and experience.

Does signing a free agent exclude me from pulling a youth player that week? I recognize the other options are mutually exclusive.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Is there a way of pausing the match viewer?
Not at the moment.

Is there a fee for stadium adjustments?
No, but you can only make adjustments only in spring training at the beginning of the season.

Am I correct in thinking an out-of-position player with strong and appropriate defensive skills will play as well or better than an in-position player deficient in a relevant defensive skill?
If you think a player will better suited in another position than his 'natural' one, you can put him there, there is a drawback, he will be inexperienced and will learn that new position in maybe one and a half or two complete seasons playing regularly in his new position.

Does signing a free agent exclude me from pulling a youth player that week? I recognize the other options are mutually exclusive.
Signing a 'free agent' won't prevent you to sign a new player from the other options and vice versa. But if you select one of the other options you are prompted to select from there. For example, you select 'High School', then you can't select from the Latinamerican pool or any other. But you can still sign 'free agents' regardless.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball

Thank you for the response.

The answer to question 3 wasn't quite what I was getting at. I'm not worried about long term - just short term.

Ie., my starting short-stop has 8 fielding and has committed an error in each of my 5 play-off games. I have a slick fielding 2B on the bench (double the fielding, slightly better range and arm). Would using the 2B at SS in the next 2 games be an upgrade, downgrade or sidegrade defensively?

Additionally ...

According to the Events listing it appears I will be able to pull a youth as of friday, but players age on sunday. Is it in my best interest to delay pulling until after the players are aged?

Updated Thursday, May 8 2014 @ 10:17:31 am PDT
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
This season I tried swapping my left fielder with my short stop, because the SS only had a 9 in fielding, and I thought the LF had a skillset better suited overall to the position. The newly minted SS made 33 errors this season, a little more than twice what the poor fielder made the year before. The LF finally added SS to his list of positions right at the end of the season, meaning he has gained some proficiency in it, so hopefully next season will be better.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Geech. That's helpful. I stuck with my SS for game 6 & 7, and he didn't make any more errors. (Unfortunately couldn't get a decent start either game :P). Will be looking for a long term solution this season.

Couple other questions.

If I specify a back-up in the line-up:
- is that the preferential pinch hitter at that spot?
- is that the preferential defensive replacement at that spot?
- or is it just consulted at the beginning of the game in case of injury?

I can't find a "slap manager upside the head" button. Do people go all Steinbrenner on their managers to vent frustration? Any downside to doing this?
billy123

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Hey Seca,

The back up player in the line up as far as i'm aware just gets swapped into the line up incase of an injury. The Management settings for each individual player and your managers preference will determine whether a player gets substituted for defence and or is Pinch hit for.

Previous Page | Show All |