Help

Forum >> Help >> AAA VS Majors   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i know this was asked before but i cant seem to find it, but if i have a player whom the engine places at the AAA level, its best to leave him there until the engine tells me hes ready for the majors yes? Even if he can get full playing time in the majors?
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
V.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Your choice.

It does no harm to leave him at AAA level but if he plugs a gap in your major league lineup it may well be worth promoting him.

Players develop through training and experience. They gain the optimum amount of training if they are assigned at the appropriate level. However, they can only gain experience by playing.

Some opportunities I use for this (these are not defined in the rules):
  • Spring training
  • Cup matches
  • To cover injuries
  • September rosters, during transfer freeze (this is in line with MLB rules)
  • If they are the best player on my roster at that position

They may struggle to begin with as they gain experience. Worst case you put them back down to AAA until you want to give them another try.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I don't know if there is a right answer...certainly if it does not receive any playing time in the big leagues, it probably better to stay in AAA. But if he's capable of contributing at the big league level, then it might be worthwhile.

Steve
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i asked because all season long i have ran with 9 pitchers waiting on a couple of my guys in AAA to be ready for the call up, and they are as good if not better than my guys now so i just called 3 of them up and imma let them play out the season and see how they do

Previous Page | Show All |