Help

Forum >> Help >> Good Potential   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Edmund Blackadder

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Since we have limited minor league roster spots, is there any reason to keep players with less than very good potential? Why settle for less than the best?

I can see that if a player has very good notes that maybe he is really very good and not good, but other than that?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
It all depends on who else you have in your minor league system. If you're collective roster is near the 50 player limit, then I would start dropping the players with the least potential or that had some other issues.

Steve
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Those "very good" are rare, not everyday you get one. And look at him: http://brokenbat.org/player/60268 he has "above average" potential, but is one of the best closers of the league.
thebuzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Are we to assume that there is no nepotism or agent influence involved in the scouting reports? That the scouting community is providing accurate and completely unbiased information?

When scouting reports on Rookie League players come in at good this, or good that, and the players skill level is at O for that skill, I have to wonder what hat the scout pulled that out of. Actually I wonder how a player with a 0 skill level, and some with two or even three 0, can even be considered a prospect. Maybe it's time to be able to hire your own team scout, perhaps even with small fee involved, that can assist your team.
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
And then everyone would hire those scouts. What would be the point?

Previous Page | Show All |