Help

Forum >> Help >> Set up man   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
moai

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How do you increase the number of games your set up man pitches?
It seems that my RHS Set up often comes in at 7th and pitch 1-2 inning before switching to my closer but would like to make it so that my Set up man comes in on 8th before closer on 9th.
Ive tried setting their inning appearance to 7, 8 and 9 respectively nut it doesnt seem to work
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd say that mostly depends on the closer's first inning.
In my experience, the setup man comes in in high leverage (mostly save) situations to then hand over to the closer. If your closer's first inning is the 8th and your starters have decent stamina and a corresponding pitch count limit, that doesn't happen very often. You'd have to have a small lead after five or six innings, and your starter would already have to be fatigued.
If your starter has to leave early, you'll rarely be leading, so RHS or MR will come in instead.
In my case the closer mostly takes over straight from the starter or from a short appearance of LHS. My previous closer wasn't as good, so I had limited him to the 9th inning, which meant the setup man came in much more often, mostly to pitch the 8th.

Updated Wednesday, April 2 2014 @ 8:42:08 am PDT
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
A relief pitcher enters the game when a prior pitcher gets hooked.

The relief pitcher will be chosen from those whose First Inning value has been reached.

I think the defaults are something like:
  • LR first innings = 2
  • MR 5
  • LHS 7
  • RHS 7
  • SET 8
  • CLR 9

The new relief pitcher will get hooked when the number of pitches or the hook value is reached. I can't remember the defaults, but they could be set at something like this:
  • LR number of pitches = 70 / hook = 5
  • MR 50 / 3
  • RHS 20 / 1
  • SET 30 / 2
  • CLR 30 / 3

Keeping their number of pitches and hook values low will mean the LHS / RHS (or any other pitcher) will get pulled reasonably quickly. You can set the number of pitches count to zero which will mean the pitcher will face just one batter.

The closer will enter the game if his first inning value is reached and there is a save situation

Experiment and see what works

Previous Page | Show All |