Help

Forum >> Help >> Player Management!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
thebuzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Helloooo... Hellooo... Ahh.. coach Ramsey there you are, need to talk to you a minute. As you know we had to send two pitching prospects packing after the head trainer examined them and recommended they either be quickly traded or cut, as both had severe damage to their pitching arms. I was looking over their last outings:

Reyes:
8-1/3 IP____ 14Hits____ 12 Runs____ 157 Total Pitches
Zuniga:
5-1/3 IP_____ 10Hits____ 11 Runs____ 156 Total Pitches

Now as you know, management has clearly indicated in writing, those two prospects were to have no more than 85 pitches and be pulled if the runs scored plus on base runners exceeded six. That didn't happen! We had little choice but to deal these two players out. If this kind of thing is going on in plain site, it makes me wonder what else is going on that is unseen. Rest assured, this organization won't continue to supply you with prospects unless you can manage correctly what's available currently. Nuff said!
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
The same happened once to a pitcher of mine.
If I read correctly into the situation, the problem was that no other pitcher was available to due fatigue and its management setting.

Since than, I make a point of having a Long Reliever set to Fatigue "++", and Number of Pitches over 100

newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep, your relievers were all fatigued. You need either 1) a deeper bullpen, or 2) to set your relievers' fatigue to +s or ++s. Until you do one of those, this type of outing will occur from time to time.
thebuzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Newtman...Yep, your relievers were all fatigued. You need either 1) a deeper bullpen, or 2) to set your relievers' fatigue to +s or ++s. Until you do one of those, this type of outing will occur from time to time.

No Newtman...wrong assumption! If I pay attention to pitch counts, I think you could safely assume I also pay attention to energy levels of relievers and "Yep, your relievers were all fatigued" is inaccurate. In the above examples I believe it was the manager causing the problem, as had lot's of relievers in the pen with energy levels all above 80%.

Have since changed managers and as of yet have had no re-occurrence of excessive pitch counts.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not an assumption, I found one of the games you were talking about and checked the fatigue levels of pitchers during that game. I then checked who you had set up as relievers (only had 4 at that time). All 4 were moderate or heavy fatigue. Good for you for thinking you figured it out, but if it happens again...

http://brokenbat.org/game/1292082
thebuzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
sigh... The Pitcher/Fatigue level displays the condition of your staff at the beginning of the game. If you have staff who have notworked, or are at 100% energy, they are not listed in the report.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm well aware of that, that is why I checked your pitching staff to see who you had in what position in your pitching staff and saw at that point you only had 4 relievers, all of which were listed as having moderate or higher fatigue in that report. Are you really that dense?
thebuzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hold on and I'll check the dense meter Newt.. While I check, could you supply me with the link you use to see previous played games pitching rotations? Would like to check a few more games prior to the ones discussed here. Much appreciated.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You originally posted the stats the day after they were played, you had made no transfers when I checked that first time since that game had been played. You could have made significant changes to your pitching, however, why you would have shortened your bullpen that much after complaining about the length they were left in would be a new height of stupidity, so I figured it had been that way in the previous 24 hours (which was the length of time between the game in question and my original post). Regardless I'm done with this because you're either trolling or a moron (and possibly both).
thebuzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ahhh.. as I suspected.."so I figured it had been that way in the previous 24 hours" Newt, that's an assumption.

Listen, I asked for help in this thread and I appreciated your response. You resorted to name calling rather than answer with a truthful honest.. Buzz I assumed you made no other changes. Either way, I appreciate your input and best of luck with your team this season.

Previous Page | Show All |