Help

Forum >> Help >> A question or two about spring training   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I use spring training to give my development roster some playing time but in the major leagues they would be using it to build up the fitness levels of their major league roster.
  • In broken bat, is spring training useful in helping players prepare for the regular season in anyway?
  • Will the major league players performance be negatively affected if they haven't played during spring training and start the season "cold"?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
You have the right idea. Unlike in real baseball, where players used to come to spring training out of shape and needed a month of conditioning to be ready for the season, in Broken Bat this isn’t necessary. Play your youngster and maximize their big league experience.

Steve
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you, Steve

I thought this might be the case

Still loving brokenbat
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh, just what I was going to ask after some of my established players underperformed when filling in for the youngsters I usually prefer in spring training, and I suspected there might be some warmup factor after all.
Thanks for the info.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
But spring training results appear to affect fan mood, so running a too inexperienced crowd out there may end up costing money, right?
Premier

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't see any changes in fan mood.There are no changes in fan mood because they are not recorded as standings.

Previous Page | Show All |