Help

Forum >> Help >> Skill index   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ReekyLeek

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Kind of curious how the skill index works. I have a 35 year old pitching that I've used in every possible spot in my bullpen and as helped me a lot, throwing over 100 innings with an era in the 3's, despite having a skill index in the mid 70s. Did I simply luck out or is this a regular occurrence. Being in a rebuilding team, these are the perfect bullpen arms I need with my starting rotation stockpiled with young talent.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Skill index is really simple -- its just a rough metric of overall skill. For a position player, its the sum of all the hitting and defensive skills. For a pitcher, its the sum of all the pitching skills with the defensive skills weighted less.

Some skills maybe more important than others -- especially at certain positions. So SI isn't always a go indicator of how well a player or pitcher will perform.

Steve
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Also some leagues are stronger than others. Some leagues in division VI may allow worse pitchers to do fine than at higher levels.
California

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was thinking about SI's. It would be nice if the skill indices were rounded up evenly. For example, a player with a 89 skill index to be at 90.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't see the upside to rounding SI's. It would defeat the purpose a bit wouldn't it?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Everything is rounded up to whole numbers already. What's the point of rounding to the nearest 10?

Steve
California

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Some players after their done training, their numbers are not near a 5 or 10.

Example:http://brokenbat.org/player/59342
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Not following what you mean by near 5 or 10? Are you taking about this players skill index?

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |