Help

Forum >> Help >> Lineup Against Right Handers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've have issues trying to produces runs, particularly against right handers. Basically I am considering using a L-S-L-S-L 1 to 5 lineup but I am unsure of the disadvantages of this approach. Also, am I the only team whose kryptonite is right hander pitchers?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Well, if you use a lot of LH batters, you may have issues in later innings when the opponent brings in a LH relief pitcher.

BTW, if you have problems versus RHP, then you are in trouble as most pitchers are right handed.

Steve
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
THe LH relief is concerning but would the switch hitters help in this situation forcing a manager to only have the LHRP in for only one at bat or face a right handed hitter?

The plan is to try to go with 3 left, 3 right and 3 switch hitters in the lineup.

And you would think that being bad against Right Handers would translate to being bad overall but my top two batters against left handers each hit .100 less against RHP. Which I can't quite understand either. But a number of the teams in my league run 3 LHP as starters as well, so the most pitchers are right handers is relative and not absolute. That being said, I'd like to find a way to be good at both and not lose game 1-0 or 2-0 all the time.

Updated Thursday, January 30 2014 @ 12:58:25 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |