Help

Forum >> Help >> Time for rebuild?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
ReekyLeek

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm already 10 games back of 1st in my league and barely managing to get even money every week. Should I just release all big money players? My best hitter happens to be in that category and I'm struggling at the idea of releasing him.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I would probably cut a lot of the older, more expensive players (especially the unproductive ones) and try to give some younger talent a shot at the big leagues. You're in a league VI, so you don't have to worry about demotion.

Steve
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Help is at hand in the manual http://brokenbat.org/rules#strategy I recommend reading the section on "setting up your defense" first.

In line with this guidance, your infield includes good batting skills but could be better organised according to your players' fielding attributes:
  • C-Thomas: for me he doesn't have a good enough arm for catcher. He could play 2B with his fielding skills but I suggest you may find a free agent with better batting skills; consider Miguel Cortez http://brokenbat.org/player/44901 or similar as a possibility at catcher
  • 1B-Bonner as RH is more suited to 2B, 3B or SS
  • 2B-Ayala more suited to 3B
  • 3B-Barker move to 1B or OF as is LH
  • SS-Rojas is LH as Barker above
  • Consider promoting Ramos to IF starter

Use the same guidance to organise your outfield (CF, RF, LF and DH); this maybe OK I haven't looked:
  • LH batters vs RH pitching
  • RH batters vs LH pitching

Once done look to see whether there are any minor league players or cheap free agents with better skills than you already have; if so, use them to strengthen

Updated Thursday, January 16 2014 @ 6:20:27 am PST
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Improving you defense will improve your pitching performance. What goes around comes around, improving your pitching will also help improve your defense.

You have a lot of older pitchers (33-35 years) and normally I would scythe through these, but with the exception of Silva you still seem to be getting a good ERA out of them. I think experience counts for more than people realise in brokenbat; but I would cut once there performance starts to tail off.

Your pitchers seem to have enough pitching skills for Div VI but for me you don't have enough pitchers with good stamina to support your starting rotation.

Try to promote or sign some pitchers with development potential and give them a shot in the lesser relief roles to help them gain experience. Try these free agent searches:
  • Pitchers 27-28 SI 75+
  • Pitchers 24-26 SI 60+

Good luck and enjoy...
ReekyLeek

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the advice
ReekyLeek

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I manage to build somewhat of a decent team by releasing a few big ticket players and acquiring cheaper talent. I'm playing younger players and using some of your suggestions. As you said my pitchers are doing surprisingly well so I didn't really tinker too much with that but I will definitely monitor them, hopefully my AA and AAA pitchers will train quickly without having to get destroyed in Majors.

Previous Page | Show All |