Announcements

Forum >> Announcements >> Minor League alignment shift…   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
gocubs16

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
it's not because of the position he is learning that made him go down, because a similar thing happened to me twice once with an ss and once with a pitcher. the pitcher is doing really good, good enough to where I think he may just sneak into the ROY and the ai wanted me to bring him up last week on Friday so I decided to give him a few more games in AA, and after the few days I kept him down there I brought him up to AAA, well then the ai told me to bring him back down to AA and it took me a while to get him to where he would be able to come up to AAA. and with the shortstop I didn't have him playing any secondary position, well the ai wanted me to call him up after shift and i got on today and it told me to send back down to AAA when he was good enough to play in the majors. so it could just be because the ai is acting weird right now.

Updated Monday, May 25 2020 @ 4:04:32 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@ChillFunkEz3000 -I saw something similar. Recommending I demote older players who had been playing at the level for more than a year, while recently promoted guys were not recommended. I suspect two things are happening.

1. The recommendation fuzziness was reset. This explains the weird discrepancies.

2. Amateur league players get WAY more training than the guys we used to draft. This is why 17 year olds are coming in at the AA level.

The real fix is to not give them so much training in the amateurs...

Updated Monday, May 25 2020 @ 11:18:39 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
A couple of examples from my squad.

Lance Donaldson (23) played 2 full seasons in Rookie. 3 1/2 seasons at A. Over 1 season in AA. And now he is recommended for demotion back to A? I assume the fuzziness is wrong.

Jaime Rendón (22) played two full season in Rookie. 3 1/2 seasons at A. 1 1/2 season at AA and the AI is recommending demotion to A... Again, I'm not going to listen to the AI recommendation. It can't possibly be correct.

In the mean time a guy like Henry Ras with less than 1 season in AAA is being recommended for promotion... Seems like the algorithm is too aggressive to promote from AAA, and way too slow to promote from A. I'm going to stop relying on the AI recommendations.
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Haha Rock, I just saw that the AI is recommending Rendon back to A ball again. It's almost as if the >3000 ABs he took in Rookie/A ball already weren't enough for him yet.

At this rate he'll be filing his social security paperwork before the AI thinks he's ready for the AAA :D

At least his GB/FB and K/BB ratios are trending in the right direction. Hope he figures it out.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He's not the best prospect, but he has enough for me to carry him for a bit. Really looks plenty developed for AA. Moving him back to A would be silly, which is why I think the AI recommendations are just garbage all around now.
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Rendon seems perfectly capable. It was kind of a toss up on who to cut, and I decided to keep this guy instead:
http://brokenbat.org/player/211836

Very similar and while I was having the debate I came by some decent stand alone catcher prospects, so I didn't need the C/OF tag that Rendon offered quite as much.

He sure loves A ball though!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
All things being equal, it makes sense to go with the POT 13 ;)
gocubs16

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
in the great words of Thanos "Perfectly balanced, as all things should be."
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...I think this is working. Rookie games and every other kind are once again simulating.

Steve
gocubs16

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
thanks steve

Previous Page | Show All |