Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2055 Cup   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 …So. Been a few seasons. Let’s see if I can’t get back into this. I spent a little while earlier tonight poking at the spreadsheet to make it a little easier to use, which should help make this easier to keep up in future seasons.

And now, for the moment you’ve been waiting for, the 2055 Cup OGAR, T-OAR, and GORP Chart.

It’s been long enough since I put one of these up that a quick rundown on all of that is probably due. The link is an HTML file hosted on the Broken Bat Discord Server. Sadly, that means it needs to be downloaded to be opened, but I don’t really have a better hosting option at the moment. As for everything in the file:

Group is simply what Cup Group your team is in. Very straightforward.

Rating is your team’s rating, as found on your team’s Club page that determines your team’s overall ranking in Broken Bat.

OGAR is Overall Group Average Rating, which is pretty much exactly what it says on the tin: It takes the average of all of the teams’ ratings in the Group. The higher the number, the harder the Group.

T-OTAR is Team Minus Other Team Average Rating, which is that team’s rating minus the overall average of the rest of the Group. The lower the number, the harder a time a team is likely to have advancing.

GORP is Group Overall Rating Percentage, which is the percentage the team has of the overall Group rating (before averaging). It basically shows how much a team is adding to the OGAR.

Good luck, everybody!
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for putting that together. :)

Dinos are in group 70. Looks like that's top 10 ogar (#9). Group members should take solace. Waterloo plays kids and Murfreesboro is derelict. Ogar is flattering us.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Seems like we actually landed in a somewhat challenging group this year. I don't like our odds of advancing.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
This feels a bit unusual. After two cup series, my entire group is 4-4.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I cant believe I split 4 games today lol
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Goodson 5-5 with 8 RBI in Cup game today.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Always nice to have something to play for heading into the final 2 series.

Dinos need 6-2 from the last 8 to get to the magic 12 wins. Face the bottom 2 teams in the group.

Not off to a good start tho. Got Casanova'd in our 1st game to vs. La Mirada.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
40 runs

https://brokenbat.org/game/4573044

Its not everyday that a pitchers control is so good they allow 25 hits before reaching 150 pitches. Or lose by 10 runs but still get POTG...Zavala's been a little bit hot lately. Hoping he can someday be a decent left-handed C with some power. He has 9 home runs through 135 AB Spring/League/Cup

Updated Friday, June 3 2022 @ 4:12:12 pm PDT
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Zavala with another homer (his 5th of Cup) and another POTG...when we lost again by many runs (this time 9)
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Dinos took our 9th loss and are done.

Got the 8 and 9 batters on in the bottom of 9th in a tied game 4, but the top of the order couldn't make anything happen. Our ragtag collection of AAA relief pitchers are not cut out for extras.

Good luck to the survivors.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It looks like we are safe, so we can continue playing the kids. Doesn't hurt having 3 bots in your cup group ;)
GullyFoyle

Spokane Wolves
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Out of the Cup as expected but had to be impressed with Si Won Lee's very impressive no hitter in the last game. 2 walks spoiled it a little but many congratulations to the Indianapolis Ducks.
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey ho, qualified out of the group stages for only the second time! Great, neat! 14-6!

Love it, the Cup, where my backups play, is the only thing going well this season! Let's see who our opponent is.

*Sees the 19-1 Queens Park Rangers*

Well.... Shucks.

New manager, guess you've gotten yourself a task here!
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
thinking about investing in a company that fakes sharks livers ... foie in the tank
(ducks)
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It really sucks to lose game three 1-0. A complete game 1 hitter by a rookie starter. <bangs head against wall>
hardhat

Oceanview Woods Grizzlies
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Struck down in the first round by Huntington Catfish, very tough matchup for the first round. I think in the name of ecological accuracy the bear should beat the fish automatically, maybe something for the Suggestions forum
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
LOL. I think Seca would like that ;)
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Well well. My old friend Joey Tucker got the win in Cup against Haverhill. He didnt go far when he got picked up by fellow V.9 team Holland. Congratulations!
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Good luck to Hayseed in the final against essentially a bot team, would be a suitable reward for a very good manager!
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thx JJ. I was glad to have been able to play against your squad this Cup season and wished to square off against Arlington for the final so as to have 2 teams from IV.1.
GL in Legends mate.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Congratulations, Hayseed!

hardhat

Oceanview Woods Grizzlies
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Congratulations Hayseed!
jclemen2

Mount Prospect Skeletons
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Congrats on your win and on knocking me out along the way! 6-6 in the 9th inning of the 3rd game and you put up 5 to pull away!
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Cheers to Hayseed and Hood River! Nice to see Fern and the boys put a purple trophy on the shelf.
Hayseed

Hood River Hawks
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks guys.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Way to go dude.

Previous Page | Show Page |