Help

Forum >> Help >> Heaton   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I can't figure out why I can't ever seem to get this guy - Matt Heaton #229352 - going? A leftie with 15 potential and 120 skill points, the past couple seasons I've only started him against RHP's and his average still went from bad to worse. I get the feeling if I could have squeezed out a few more points of power while he was growing, some of those fly ball outs would have been homers, but alas he flat lined at 120 skill points. Bummer. I'm trying to be patient, but at this point I'm questioning whether I should even start him against RHP'S. I find I don't want him in the lineup in big games, but then I look at his minor league stats and current skills and I think, wait, I I gotta play this guy! Any thoughts?

Updated Friday, May 14 2021 @ 3:27:09 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Some guys are just duds. Maybe he's been a bit unlucky too. I would expect him to be hitting closer to .750 OPS. May never be the star he is on paper, but I wouldn't give up on him either. He should at least be a decent player. Does he always start cold? Might not hurt to give him a breather. Especially if he seems to perform better later in the season.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Some guys are duds. But I would be shocked if Heaton was one.

If he was mine I would chalk up last season and the start of this season as bad luck / poor form. I'd keep running him out there vs. RHP (tho would drop him to 7-8 in the lineup until he warms up).
michaeltodd2

Paradise Valley Cubs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Ha! He must have heard all the talk about him. He's been on a tear ever since then and his season stats now look quite good - 299/364/504 for an 868 OPS.

Previous Page | Show Page |