Help

Forum >> Help >> Counseling   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
durhambulls

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If you want help with your team, please post here.!!
hurstdm

Murfreesboro Moo Cows
VI.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Please explain what's going on with the Moo Cow dEfEnSe. K, thanks.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
Buzzards horrible overall can you help?
Ownership is asking do you have couch?
Can you give written prescribed medication? I napping till next season :)
durhambulls

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
For the moocows, first, always be looking for players with range. A lot of people don't know it but range in this game is overpowered. Also, look for players that have a better fielding stat. Another thing i noticed is that the players you have dont have a lot of experience. Their young and need to grow. Go to free agents and look for players like that. Good luck
durhambulls

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
For the buzzards, you need to get more experienced players. They have terrible experience. Try Moving your infield around a bit and see if that works. it looks like you actually have a prettty good team, you just have a hard league. Like u said, give this season a break and try next season. Good luck!!
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
This is actually the cutest thread I've seen in awhile.

Denvinci Broncos could have used some legal counsel recently. On the field, seems we are okay and now in a position to help other owners, which does feel good.

I have spotted the defensive need. Moo Cows obvi need a retractable electric barbed wire fence to prevent those Denvy gappers and base knocks. I haven't been on farms/ranches in ages however.

Didn't MJ play for Durham IRL?
durhambulls

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
idk if he did, lol
durhambulls

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ur welcome to help with the counsling if you want.
todd

Wellington Phoenix
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Does Experience in itself help a player play better, assuming everything else is equal? For instance, I have 2 center fielders with exact same build, skill points and potential, they've both finished their growth, yet one has 5 years experience and the other 10 years experience - will the player with 10 years experience have an edge? Thanks.
wuggla

VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
I,d say "the edge" goes to youth not age but older player who is "stability"
Is also value for team average together.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not really sure we know the answer to that with certainty. I think the answer is "No". The game manual says there are no trainable hidden skills (although there are static attributes which impact performance). Experience isn't exactly hidden, but if it gives some secret skill boost then I think that's awfully close to a hidden skill.

I think some owners may disagree, though.
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball

Ur welcome to help with the counsling if you want.

I like your thread a lot and you are doing a great job. I am too selfish, self-centered, and I believe too much in PD over BC to be seriously listened to anyways.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
After my last series with Ced, I would have to agree. He is not good at sharing wins. Very selfish.
durhambulls

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I do think that experience is close to a hidden value, but im not sure. I also think it has to do with age.
durhambulls

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I wish you all luck!
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Is there any way of trying to get more stable play in on a team? I've just gone from a 1-9 to a 9-1 and now back to a 3-10 record.

It's getting a bit old. And quite frankly it's demoralising when the lead is so close, yet just out of reach. I can't really tell what the weakness is that causes just... Spontaneous, single inning breakdowns... Either that or I get games where no one scores.

I'm well above 500, but the team are losing very badly in 1-run games. My pitchers aren't doing bad statistically (For a while I had the best combined WHIP of the entire league) yet they just throw some real harebrained things.

I'm not good at deciphering all these numbers. At least, those I can decipher aren't giving me any answers.
rlawrence

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey JV, you're really competitive in your league, you've had a little bad luck with 1 run losses.

Your starting lineup is pretty young .. Figueroa and Norris aren't doing you any favors with their bats. I'd definately switch Figueroa in outfield for someone that can hit, and Norris is a nice project, but don't think he's ready to start
jezzat

Rockford Rhinos
V.9

Broken Bat Baseball
Also worth bearing in mind that at this stage of this season, we're playing 5 game series so a 1-9 record can be against 2 good teams and a 9-1 record can be against 2 weaker teams
durhambulls

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i agree with jezat
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I know. I just drop far too many games against opposition I should beat. Splitting with leading teams more frequently than not at least.

And really, this season is a huge improvement across the board. Just doesn't feel like that when the team could and probably should be contending. A lot more gut-wrenching when you start to have expectations.

Thanks for the advice.
Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
This is a hilarious thread but wth. My team has had an uncanny ability to lose the first game of a series the last 2 seasons. Any advice Durham?
durhambulls

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
its hard to tell, my team has the same problem. It looks like you might be in a hard league, but i think you should wait it out and you have a chance of doing really well. Good luck!! also with the 5 game series its hard to get consistent wins.
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
A counsel that I just delivered:

Look at the league leaders often.

And then adjust your batting order accordingly. Amazing the information that you will find in the league leaders chart throughout the seasonal campaign.
durhambulls

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
thank you so much for sharing!
durhambulls

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
hows everyones team doing
hardhat

Oceanview Woods Grizzlies
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
It's the stretch run, so every moment is a fluctuation between "I love my team" and "burn it all down"
wuggla

VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/206288
He had a chance to prove himself as hitting catcher? Will he always be overrated? Good hitting catcher is what I expected!!! Got a below .250 average in BB not good enough for starting role in my opion... What is best for him starter or back up???

Updated Friday, April 9 2021 @ 7:46:33 pm PDT

Updated Friday, April 9 2021 @ 7:47:40 pm PDT
durhambulls

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would keep him at starter and see how he does. Make sure to check his development graphs to track his progress.
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I would keep him starting. He may be hitting .241, but he limits Ks and maximizes BBs (80-63), plus, him being able to steal makes him even more valuable.

Batting average ain’t everything, OBP and OPS are good measurements.
durhambulls

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
yep
durhambulls

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a question. Does any one have good tips for the new lineup stuff?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Its useful if you want to be able to deviate from your standard lineup. Some typical scenarios below.

Spring:
To better control playing time, many of us like to set the sub innings to X/X. That keeps the players in the game and gives them more playing time. Some possible lineup configurations below.

Spring lineup 1 - First set of players rotating in, focusing on guys in the majors (playing early to avoid later ST injuries).

Spring lineup 2 - Second set of players rotating in.

Spring lineup 3
- Third set of player rotating in (no major league players).

Spring lineup 4 - Instead of #3, you might want to just leave the third one blank so you can make temporary adjustments or injury replacements on one of the first two lineups. Will always be used in conjunction with copying another lineup.

Default:
These are for both regular season games and Cup games. Many players choose to play a different lineup for Cup games (especially during the group).

Default lineup - Your standard lineup with guys in their best batting order positions.

Alt position lineup
- Maybe your 3B is also your backup Catcher. You can makeup a lineup when you shuffle players around based on a common replacement need.

Temp lineup - Reserved for making temporary adjustments and dealing with injuries based on some other lineup. Will always be used in conjunction with copying another lineup.

Alt leadoff lineup - Maybe you have two 1/9 batters who you like to switch based off how hot they are.

Weak Cup lineup - Full scrubs teams for playing group stages of the Cup and for end of season blowouts.

Strong Cup lineup - Mostly scrubs, but with a couple key players added in to ensure success when you aren't sweeping the group or you are facing a strong team.

Also, I noticed that currently you can set a Spring lineup to the Cup default. This might be an oversight, but I would avoid using any Spring lineup for Cup since the Spring roster is different than the default roster (which is your major league players). If you use a spring roster you may have holes in your lineup without even knowing it.

Updated Sunday, April 18 2021 @ 7:19:42 am PDT
durhambulls

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks! that helps
durhambulls

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
good luck this next season!! Did anyone win their world series? Im so happy, i did!!

Updated Friday, April 23 2021 @ 1:29:10 pm PDT
durhambulls

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I am struggling this season. Any tips?
rlawrence

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's only 4 games. 156 to go, hard to tell if you're really struggling yet.

I would go try to land a legit ace though, your pitching seems a bit thin.

I'd also look for replacements for Reardon and Araujo.

a. I wouldn't pay 3 mill for a SS that can only field (you have a young, cheap guy that can do that) b. Araujo is good for 20 bombs, but his OBP is only .260. That tanks his value for me
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Your doing better than me ;)
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
As ever, I find myself in that unusual situation of having like... 8 or 9 pitchers who has the stamina to be a starter, but I only feel good about maybe 2 or 3 of them, and I don't feel certain of who else to put in. Had to drop an old, sharply declining veteran and it's really throwing things off.

So yeah... I'd kill to get whatever devastating judgment someone has on my SP, LR and MR list.

Between my completely unpredictable ace, a 33-year old, two decent pitchers who just give way too many flyballs, a youngster who's done well in relief but with little starting statistics and the rest apart from those, I am already stumped. Spring training did not help me.
durhambulls

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
im not doing well either, 0-10 is my record
durhambulls

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
im stuck any tips??
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It can take a while to rebuild a team. In your position I'd be looking at the big picture (future). Might be time to move on from some of the 30+ guys, and pickup some FAs with upside.

Overall your pitching isn't doing too hot. Worth looking at the park to see if its set up well for your team. A lot of your pitchers have no tools. Ko may have been good once, but he has aged considerably and no longer has any tools. Try to find some guys with the potential to get to at least 17 in one tool (Velocity, CoS, Movement). Control is great, but its batting practice meatballs without an accompanying tool. Scout some of the top league teams to see what they prioritize for their pitching staffs.
durhambulls

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks!!
durhambulls

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Good luck to everyone
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
One will jump into 1B vs. RHP, one will jump into DH vs. RHP, and one will have no home and have to get cut. Of these three AAA lefty batters, who gets the boot?

* Sid Burch
* Kurt Vick
* Gary McCarthy

I'll add that Vick may look like the easiest cut among the three, but it doesn't feel that easy.

EDIT: Replacement timeline is likely next season at DH vs. RHP, and either next season or the season after at 1B vs. RHP.

Updated Friday, October 15 2021 @ 6:17:04 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I can see why Vick is a hard cut, but I do think he is the odd man out. Especially because I think Burch has the edge at 1B.

Vick has great Hitting growth, but his BC growth is a little poor. You may not value BC as much as I do though. The other two guys seem to have healthy growth across the board.

Really hard to cut a guy like McCarthey, although it seems a waste to DH him. I think that is where he needs to go, unless...

Another consideration would be putting Burch in LF. That would allow you to keep all three.

Updated Friday, October 15 2021 @ 10:16:26 am PDT
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Good point on Burch at LF. I guess that would depend upon how I feel about Vervoort going forward. (Plays LF normally but I have an injury on the board at the moment.) And, well, I already have Reynolds cueing up for LF. Looks like a cut of Vick may have to happen. Thanks for the response, Rock.

Updated Friday, October 15 2021 @ 3:40:34 pm PDT
realzachjr!

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Updated Friday, October 15 2021 @ 11:04:21 pm PDT
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Three OF, you have to cut one of them. Who gets cut:

* Troy Cockrell, R, R, 21, 13 POT
* Tanner Simmons, R, R, 22, 13 POT
* Henry Wallace, R, R, 24, 13 POT

Additional context:

Next season I may retire Mena or make him a reserve (TBD). I'll be looking for a CF/RF if that happens. But whenever Mena goes, my OF will be full for at least three seasons, depending on how Lawson continues to play.

If you were to ask me now, I'd probably say Simmons is the heir to Mena, with a modicum of PD and sufficient Range and Arm. Cockrell is likely the least exciting, with crummy PD and "LF at best" defense. Wallace is a weird one, as I need to do something with him next season, at age 24. The 14-14 Range and Arm is in this weird zone of "ehhh?" and he'll have no speed or power, with a high GB propensity.

The other wildcard: Perez will need a home too, at least in a vs. RHP lineup. Training him at OF because McCarthy will hopefully lock down 1B. Perez may eventually take LF from Reynolds, who would likely slide into DH, so maybe it's not so much a wildcard.

So really, comes down to Wallace or Cockrell as a cut, with the other playing fourth OF. Thoughts?

EDIT: Another strike against Cockrell is he's only at 0.6 on OF defense. Maybe I just needed to talk this out to myself, in the end. Cockrell looks like the best cut now.

Updated Saturday, January 15 2022 @ 12:33:47 pm PST
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah Cockrell looks like the guy to cut. Maybe he’ll have better fielding, but his range and arm leave something to be desired.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Cockrell 100%
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Cool, thanks, all.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Have they peaked?

* Mario McCurry: Only gained one SI this season. Scouting report says he has more room, but when you're 26 and only gain one SI? I feel like he's probably a total bust. :(

* Alfonso Mata: Hasn't gained any SI this season. Meets his scouting report, so probably peaked. Can he improve his numbers to look more like his minor league numbers?

* Jose Banda: No SI gains this season. Scouting report says he has a little more room in Hitting and Power, but with no SI gains this season ... Looks like bad scouting. Unless I started him too early and stunted his growth a few SI.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Banda might still limp up another point or two, but they could all be done. McCurry reminds me of Gutierrez. Possibly underrated, but regardless they are both super disappointing for "exceptional" movement :(

Both the scouting can be off, or the players can be under-rated. I've had "great" hitters top out at 14/15, so 16 could be it. I've also had hitters stall out, and then pop a couple SI when they are 28. So its possible he gains a couple more SI eventually, but it will just be gaining a few points at the sub-level, so probably won't have a huge impact on performance.

Updated Saturday, January 29 2022 @ 7:49:34 am PST
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, they look like they've peaked to me. I think Banda is probably a solid player, even if he's not quite the star you hoped for. Honestly, looking at that guy's development, performance and scouting reports, I feel like I'm looking at one of my own players. The disappointment feels familiar.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree, Banda looks really good. At this stage I would just focus on his performance numbers and not his ratings ;)

I usually avoid builds like Mata's but I can see him improving some. May never be a star, but could contribute in the right role.

McCurry may look like a bust, but possibly under-rated by the management team. Again I would follow the performance numbers.

Banda can be pretty impactful (especially with that Arm). 2052 was an all-star catcher quality performance. An OPS over 800 and a CS% over 40 is a terrific performance! It's hard to dislike a POT 11 who can hit 30 HRs per season ;)

The other two look like borderline contributors. May improve, but probably never stars.

Updated Saturday, January 29 2022 @ 12:40:38 pm PST
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Indeed, Banda is not going anywhere for a long time. Just disappointed of being teased by a possible future greater potential. But he'll still be good.

If I'm truly lamenting anything here, it's spending time developing guys like Mata and McCurry based on their minor league numbers, and then the big league numbers not even remotely matching them. I know this happens a lot in MLB, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating. Take Mata, for example, who had a respectable HR rate in the minors but can hardly keep the ball in the park in the bigs. Maybe that will improve at age 26, but it's tough to get too optimistic in that regard.

Finding good pitchers is ALREADY a massive challenge in this game. To then invest a ton of energy in developing them in the minors for them only to fail in the bigs is sometimes just too much.

Thanks, all.

Updated Sunday, January 30 2022 @ 6:28:54 am PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I can empathize. I was pretty disappointed when Carson "The Barbarian" O`Brien stopped developing after 25. He was still a very good player, just not the monster I had hoped for. Always a bummer when guys don't reach their expected POT.

I actually have a lot more trouble with hitters than pitchers, but lately a lot of my prospects have been falling flat...

Talking about disappointing pitchers, Gonzalo Enriquez was a huge disappointment for Haverhill. I still don't know how he always gave up so many HRs given his build and GB/FB.

Updated Sunday, January 30 2022 @ 10:05:35 am PST
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
So I have 1 backup middle infielder on my majors team, Juan Pablo Morales. I have one in my minors, Jong Yul Ki. Which one do y’all think I should keep and which one should I cut?

Additionally, what do y’all think about these guys down below?

http://brokenbat.org/player/301275 - The thing that perplexes me is that despite his control comment, he seems to have a normal amount of walks and a normal strike percentage. Even weirder, he hasn’t gained any SI this year.

http://brokenbat.org/player/296439 - He’s also a confusing prospect. No speed/range/arm, power, or positive fielding comments, yet he apparently is a VG POT.

http://brokenbat.org/player/284678/U - Undesirable scout ratings but his Latin stats are pretty damn good.

http://brokenbat.org/player/301697/U - Also a very, uh, interesting prospect.

http://brokenbat.org/player/299346 - And no list of wacky Prattville prospects can be complete without Beam :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
My first instinct with backups is always to keep the younger one. But Jong Yul Ki is kind of horrible. I would keep Juan Pablo Morales, but I would look for an upgrade either way.

Diego Santos

He's actually gained 5 SI since the start of the year which is very good for a 17 year old. Of course he still has a long way to go. Doing pretty good in the low minors, but guys like this might not scale well as they progress through the minors.

Joel Dahlquist
Could have high PD and BC. Lower Hitting comment, but if he comps close to Ras, he could have an impressive OBP.

Sergio Rivera
Always hard to tell who will defy expectations. But amateur performance isn't a great indicator of success. This guy looks well developed, but is he close to capping?

Federico Pina
Almost certainly under-rated. Hard to tell how good his ceiling is. But I would be very surprised if his final SI is lower than 10. Unless its the scouting report that is bogus rather than the POT... But definitely a big discrepancy.

Randy Beam
Might be decent, but watch out for the PD/BC growth rates.
nxck98

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Morales used to be my second basemen, I gave him a chance but he never became the hitter I thought he could. Keep him on your team as a backup, but I recommend looking for a better starting-quality 2B/SS.
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@ncx

Morales had awful minors stats. so I knew he'd suck if he played full time, which is why he's the backup.

@Rock
What I saw in Pina's minors stats was that he had a low GB/FB and passable stats, which meant he had a chance. I try not to draft hitters with amatuer OPS lower than .800 except in special cases.
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Sad to see durham go.

Podcast soon.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
What's happening with Durham?

Looks like Murfreesboro Moo Cows are going bot :(
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Wish the Cows return.

(Op is Raleigh.)
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Danny Reynolds: Overscouted or simply growing into his shoes still? I'm torn. Worth mentioning that the AI said he was "overmatched" in the Bigs until the beginning of this season. I found this recommendation—despite the high SI—to be odd originally, but in retrospect, maybe he's truly just a late-bloomer.

Elwood McManus: Similar boat. Hasn't hit worth a $#%^ so far. Overscouted?

Updated Saturday, May 28 2022 @ 9:08:28 am PDT
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Bump. Not so much worried about McManus, but Reynolds reallllly has me worried. Can't keep a sub-Mendoza player at DH for long without strong justification. Thoughts?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He might just be a dud. I get guys like that all the time. For instance I gave Deliz a tryout despite his prior performance, but he seems to really be a dud.

Personally I would hold on to Reynolds for a bit longer, but I also have held onto a lot of guys for longer than I should have just based on their ratings...

Updated Tuesday, June 7 2022 @ 3:24:33 pm PDT
mrprogamer2020

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Quick Question, I was wondering what I had to do with my players. I recently signed Kiko Untalan, he gets on base a ton however Takayuki Matsuzaka is speed and gets a ton of walks. Should I release Takayuki
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Neither of those guys is good for 1B. I would look for an upgrade.

Untalan is hitting really well this year in a very small sample size. He is probably the better hitter of the two.

Takayuki took a big aging hit this offseason. Doesn't seem like he can steal successfully anymore. I would probably drop Takayuki, but you can do better than either of these guys at 1B.
hardhat

Oceanview Woods Grizzlies
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Regarding Reynolds...he does have an .873 OPS in cup play, so maybe not all is lost. He puts the ball in the air, and I usually like his combo of skills (17 hitting + good BC + decent power + puts the ball in air...he should be walking into 20 HR a year every year)...He has been truly horrific so far in league, though. Yea, he's a bit of a puzzle
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@MP2020 Agree with Rock. At BEST, Matsuzaka is a CF vs. RHP. But he's a cut largely, and better can be found, especially for LLVI.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@rock and hardhat: I'll hold on to Reynolds for now, but I've removed him from the lineup. I have at least two other bench bats that can do so much better than Reynolds at DH vs. RHP. I had Reynolds at 1B vs. LHP, but I just picked up a RHB rental to see if I can get a little more out of the position vs. LHP. Hate to have Reynolds languish on the bench, but trying to advance to LLIII this season, and I need my best team right now. He's indeed a conundrum, though.

Thanks so much for your feedback!

Updated Wednesday, June 8 2022 @ 6:47:13 am PDT
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Any thoughts on SP Young ? It looks like he's trying to repeat last year's atrocious performance, and I don't know how much patience I have left. The vs. LHB is absurd right now and will surely come down, but the Ravens are already in fifth and will look for other avenues early if they present themselves.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a few guys like that. Did well up until last year, and suddenly nose dived. I think there were some tweaks to the engine to nerf the Movement guys a bit and/or increase the important of Control. Either way, could hope for a counter nerf, or just move on. Not sure these guys will ever pitch to the level they did a couple seasons ago.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Interesting take. Would be interested in hearing more of your thesis on a possible nerf to movement pitchers, if you have the time.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Even though Young's report says he's a starter, his QS say he's not. I'd pitch him vs RHH only. You have until cross-division play to find an old stop-gap starter or, Rudy gets some innings.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Excellent point on QSs, Snowy. Rudy is indeed next in line. Thanks.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Mostly just observational. My staff is primarily Movement pitchers. Looking back 2-4 years, they were all effective pitchers. But last year they performed very poorly across the board, and that trend seems to be continuing. Its a small sample size, so it could just be some bad luck. But I know that Steven is constantly making small balancing tweaks to the engine.

I've had a very strong staff with low POT pitchers for a long time, and its always been focused on Movement. So it wouldn't surprise me if Steve decided Movement was over powered and need a bit of a nerf. They seem to be giving up more hits than they used to (many of them also lack Velocity). The guys with lower control also seem to be getting hit a bit harder.

Again, all observational based on very small sample sizes; so really just a guess.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock: Thanks for sharing!

@Snowy: UGH, Hernandez out for 22 days. Nasty blow. Guess Young is in the rotation for a while still.

Previous Page | Show Page |