Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Larger, Fewer Divisions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jezzat

Rockford Rhinos
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, it would add 3 more days to the season so, if you want it to stay the same real-life length and keep it so the Cup always starts on a Monday, the league on a Tuesday etc, you have to "save" those 3 days somewhere. We have 1 blank day on the Friday after the Cup Final which could go and personally I wouldn't mind if we shaved 2 days off Spring Training.

Overall, I was 50/50 at first but I'm coming round in favour. I like the idea of playing more, different teams. There would still be hundreds of teams I could never get to play except in the cup or if we both got to Legends as they're on the other side of the pyramid so anything that gives more variety of opponent I think is a good thing.
jezzat

Rockford Rhinos
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually, ignore my last post. I realised I was wrong and crunched the numbers.

At the moment the regular season consists of 10 4-game series and 20 3-game series (i.e. 100 games) against the teams in your division and 12 5-game series against the teams in the other division. So 42 playing days.

The possible change would presumably mean 10 4-game and 10 3-game series (i.e. 70 games) against the teams in your division and 18 5-game series against the teams in the other divisions - so 38 playing days and therefore room for the extra 3 day play off series with a day to spare.

Still think on balance I would be in favour.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't add to the playoffs. You can do a 5 game semi-final series in one day. And you can have the finals play off in 2 days instead of 3.
terryhumphreys

Athens Gold
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
Jobywan

Makakilo Eruption
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
texg8r

Pembroke Pines Gators
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
We'll probably relegate this season, but we've seen a lot of these teams for years and years. The rivalries get pretty good, so I wonder about if those would go away with a watered down opponent list.

How much turnover...same percentage of promotions ‘n relegations?

Anyways, I support this sug.

I wanted to clarify, my team might benefit from the change, so I was trying to put a disclaimer. And stuff.

Updated Monday, October 26 2020 @ 5:30:16 pm PDT
Hurr Durr

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This might be something to consider if ever there were no more bot teams available for new players... say, if the number of teams had to be expanded from 756 due to demand. Beyond that, it just seems like needless tinkering with something that isn't broken.
do-not-want-pirate.png
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
With the caveat that Steve doesn't think this sort of change would cause any major bugs, I'd be for this. The ratio of new teams year-t-year always feels too large to me.

Might even be an opportunity to add to the max number of teams in the game if Steve still thinks that's a potential problem.

+1
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I could go along with 4 divisions per league.

West Federal/West National, East Federal/East National. That way Steve doesn't have to recode team locales.

To keep things fresh, randomize the east and west divisions after each season and give more clubs a path to the division title trophy.

164 game season. One time, 3-game series, West vs East. 4-game home and home East vs East/West vs West. That leaves 4, 4-game series vs your own division.

5-game, two day West and East Championship series. 7-game, three day League Championship.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page