Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Minors salary   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Kinthin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So I know this past season we had some teams decide fielding a team of 17 y/o's and 18 y/o's was a good idea. Obviously it was a terrible idea.

It did however adjust the younger players salary to now 0.5m vs the traditional 0.2m for a minors level player. This can seriously inhibit the allure of a younger player and sway whether or not that player would be given time to grow and promote through the minors.

My thought is if it would be possible for the players salary to revert back down to 0.2m if they spent a game year without being promoted back to the majors roster.
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Decent point too Kinthin.

I believe for shuttle bus riders in real life, you only get paid the league minimum salary (in this case $500K)for the portion of the season you are on the big league roster.

If we wanted to adapt that for broken bat, I think the easiest way to do it is if at any point during the previous week the player was on the big league roster, they would get paid 1/10th of a $500k/year salary, and if they weren't (being in the minors the whole week) they would get paid 1/10th of a $200k/year salary.

This way the shenanigans going on in Taylor would only hurt Taylor, and the financial impacts would revert every week.

I just want to say for the right prospects, the financial difference is not all that great unless you are in very dire straights money wise. I hope if you're finding keepers from the Taylor carnage, you're still giving them the time of day!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
+1

The right prospect might be worth it, but its more than doubling your minor league salary which could be prohibitive (and damaging) for teams running on a tight margin.
hurstdm

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This is an excellent point why Steve the Admin shouldn't allow excessive churning of young players. I hadn't thought of this. It complicates those prospects for everyone else and poisons the pool. The difference between $0.2M and $0.5M is surprisingly a lot and adds up.

I think the problem here isn't making some change to how salary works. It's policing anyone doing excessive churning of young talent. Has that stopped?

I'm also starting to believe there should be a ban on owners with multiple teams, but that's sort of another issue.
Kinthin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I like the 1/10th aspect, I(with no coding exp/understanding) would believe it to be feasible. I could see however it could be gamed by just putting that player down for the financial processing. However, doesn’t the training update take place at this time too, so you’d potentially be missing out on the correct training updates?
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
Just want to clarify that my comment earlier was if at any time in the previous week you spent time on the big league roster, then you get paid the big league minimum for that week ($50k vs $20k). Maybe after 25 this rule stops and if ever promoted they just stay at $500k/yr salary from then on.

I also think the suggestions about paying a portion of each players salary up front whenever you acquire them will help dampen the noise on excessive add/drops. You’d just tank your war chest if you plan on doing >200 adds in a season, which has been done.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
No -1 if owners do bad we all should not pay for it.
Kinthin

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey Wuggla, could you expand on your thought please? I’m not trying to be rude, but I dont understand the context of your view.

Thanks

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page