FAQ

Forum >> FAQ >> Is it possible to remove release restrictions?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I hear you, I know I was annoyed at times by the restriction when I was first starting too. But I don't think everyone would call that guy you mentioned as absolute crap. His got great range and arm, and decent speed. I think there are definitely some teams who would find him to be an excellent defensive gem and be willing to 'eat' his terrible offense in exchange for sucking up all the grounders and line drives that come even remotely close to him.

I'm not saying he's the definitive textbook definition of a defensive gem, but he has value at defense I think. At least, *some* value. Personaly, I might eat his offensive numbers at SS or 2B if he was rocking a 18-19 range/arm and a little bit higher Fielding, for example.

IE, this guy.

Updated Friday, July 28 2017 @ 9:59:37 am PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, that guy looks like a very good defensive outfielder, unfortunately he isn't trained there. For examples see Tejada or Poole.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, yes, he's not totally bad. But somebody has to go to make room for draft picks, and the only guys it will let me release are the good prospects in my system. Plus I've got a lot of infield depth already, and training him into outfield is a possibility, but he's so old already I could probably find a better option in FA or draft.
Alyksandur

Boca Raton Gryphons
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I feel ya, but for completely different reasons. I've got eight players cluttering up my roster that I need to release (and some are even very good players who could have promising futures on other teams), but I'm stuck with them until probably around the the end of the first Cup round.

Updated Friday, July 28 2017 @ 1:09:18 pm PDT
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, so thankfully I got back on waivers the guy who I released but really shouldn't have (because naturally the good players don't have restrictions), so now it makes this guy even more worthless to me.
Jimmy Thomas.

He's really not a bad player, but I already have too many high stamina pitchers, and he costs me 2.6M per year, on a team that already is having financial troubles. I wish I could release him.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Ug. I feel you. I would *not* want that guy on my VI league team when I'm faced with budget and age concerns.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Release restrictions are lifted over time. It was put in place to protect newbies and to guard against malfeasance.

Steve
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
That's interesting . How exactly do the restrictions prevent cheating? Doesn't the concept of waivers do a good job of that (if I make a sock puppet, cut it's good players, others will still have a chance). I hadn't thought of cheating being a factor in it.
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 For one thing, it keeps players from snapping up bot teams in their own division and cutting all of their good players to give themselves a better chance at promoting. Alternately, it can keep spiteful former players (and no, I don’t know of any, this is pure conjecture on my part) from claiming teams and cutting all of the good players solely for the purpose of sabotaging future owners who might then have less incentive to stick around due to how bad their teams are.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@AP, a former owner called Bilbo_Shaggins, annihilated his own roster and never logged in again. The team was called the San Diego Padres, but it has changed cities and owners multiple times since it happened in 2025 iirc. He had been playing for a couple seasons though when he did it.

Previous Page | Show All |