Off-Topic Forum

Forum >> Off Topic >> Boycott United   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Boycott United. Just disgusting. Air travel is become more and more dangerous all the time.

Really? You are going to bloody a doctor and drag his limp body off the plane, just because you think last minute travel plans for your employees take priority over paying passengers and you don't know how to properly plan. I hope this guy wasn't scheduled to conduct a life saving surgery at his destination.

The apology from United is even more ridiculous, "I apologize for having to re-accommodate these customers." Re-accommodate? Is that what you call it when you knock someone unconscious, spray nearby passengers with blood, and drag the poor guys limp body off the plane?

I'll not be flying United again. Travel is dangerous enough without worrying about airline stewardesses garroting you.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You're over-reacting. Did United screw up? Obviously. However, it doesn't even sound like the person who bloodied him off the plane was a United employee. To judge an enormous company by one bad incident is unfair. If they ignored safety regulations and checks and sent planes into the air knowing there was something wrong, then I could see people stop flying United. I'm sure a few will do exactly as you suggest because we tend to over-react as a people. Give it a few days and most everyone will forget.

The airline and security (or whoever is responsible) are going to pay for the mistake, that you can be sure. We're a litigious society. (And guess who pays for that.)

About the guy being a doctor...that means absolutely nothing. Everyone who paid for a ticket has an equal claim to their seat. It's just like Broken Bat--there are no priority claims.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Absolutely not over-reacting. This was done at United's command. You should actually read the stories and watch the video. This isn't the first time they've pulled this sort of crap. You ignore this sort of thing, you're just asking to get your face bashed in someday for forgetting to remove your belt when you go through security.

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing.

But maybe that doesn't apply to you.

EDIT: Even if I wasn't put off by the face bashing of customers, the forcible removal of passenger "volunteers" from a plane because of their own incompetence at logistics planning is enough for me to never want to fly with them.

Updated Monday, April 10 2017 @ 9:44:03 pm PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing.

Wow. Seriously over-reacting. I even said the act was wrong and that they should and will pay for it, but it was not a capital offense, for crying out loud.

The forcible removal of passenger "volunteers" from a plane because of their own incompetence at logistics planning is enough for me to never want to fly with them.

Do you really think United is the only airline to overbook flights and have to tell people they can't fly their intended plane?! We should all be glad they use the practice of overbooking. If they didn't, prices would be significantly higher. I'll take a one in 22,000 chance of not getting my flight due to overbooking and the subsequent reduced prices, thanks.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You are such a moron. Its not about over booking. Its about assaulting a customer and forcibly removing them from a plane because you overbooked and thinking your employees schedules are more important than your customers.

You obviously work for the airline, there is no other way you could take such a preposterous stance. Have fun working at evil corp.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You really should figure out how to respond to discussions without insulting individuals.

I said United screwed up, was wrong, and should pay for their part in the incident. However, again, I will point out it was NOT a United employee that injured the guy. It was security. I rather doubt airlines tell security how to do their job. I'm assuming they told them the man needed to be removed from the airplane. It's security's job to handle that appropriately, which they failed to do.

Spin this one however you want again, Rock. I'm boycotting your response.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The United CEO sent out a response after this saying that United followed procedure and he was 100% behind his employees. They don't think they screwed up.

I hope to god you aren't an American. It's lazy, irresponsible consumerism like you are espousing that breaks capitalism. Capitalism is supposed to work as an evolutionary process. If corporations are "too large to fail" or "not responsible" for their actions, survival of the fittest does not occur. Too many lazy people like you shirking their responsibilities as consumers is destroying capitalism in the USA.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I'll talk to you, Mike.

Facts are coming out now. Just hope we talk to our investment advisors and ask to drop United stock and hit them where it really hurts. But I'll hold my breath...

It is the airport police that physically assaulted the customer. The guy can try to sue, but won't get a dime from United. He signed that away with the purchase of his ticket (terms and conditions). If anything, he should go after the airport police, but I'm sure they'll shop for a judge. It is Chicago, ffs.

The really sick part is all of the stories coming out about this customer's past (pill doctor, etc.). Please understand United is selling this story to the media to sway public opinion (as to not damage their stock price). It's one large economic juggernaut (media) helping another (airlines). More "fake news".

Customer service is crap in the United States because we put up with it and it our own fault. Heavy regulations imposed on Capital Hill make it impossible anymore (I'm a small business owner) to provide any kind of competition against the big boys. Why do you think the news keeps reporting that Trump's regulation roll-back is gonna be bad? They are protecting their place at the top and getting you to buy in. Which you will.

But we keep sending the same damn people to Washington to make themselves rich by passing laws protecting their big donors. But they're gonna fight for me! Bull-spit. How do you become a millionaire with a 100k government salary?

United is going to pay big money to get this thing buried. A quick look at the "news" outlets and I see it's working. Spicer said Hilter! Police brutality! Chik-fil-A on a college campus! Celebrities!

This will be gone by the weekend.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Not gone. Won't be going away exactly because of what you said. I'm boycotting United. And encouraging my Corp to do the same. BTW, they can't really lose money in their stock, because eventually it goes back up. All that really matters is where they are at the end of the year.

I live in Mass, so I am immersed in hypocrisy up here. Makes me ill. NPR compares Trump to Hitler on a daily basis and its perfectly fine, but Spicer compares Assad to Hitler and there is public outcry... Really? So the media thinks its fair to compare Trump to Hitler, but comparing Assad to Hitler is a foul...? Sometimes I wish I was just one of those mindless party sheep sopping up the soma and ignoring the world I live in. Ignorance must be bliss.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well whoever was responsible, what happen to that Doctor was terrible. All those responsible should be held accountable. That was horrible!

Previous Page | Show All |