Off-Topic Forum

Forum >> Off Topic >> NBA All Star Break   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This years all star break was terrible, the best things were the skills challenge and celebirty game was ok, the rising stars was to but those should be at the bottom not at the top. In the dunk contest there was 100 missed dunks with another nobody winning, get the stars in the dunk contest please, there seemed to be a lid on the basket in 3 point contest and the all star game just sucked. The only good part was when Durant threw the oop to Westbrook.

I saw something and it said the nba should add a 1 on 1 tourney, 8 players, during all star break and tourney has all stars.

Also what did u guys think bout Demarcus cousins trade
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
The All Star weekend was alright, but I would've like to see Jones Jr win it.

I thought the Boogie deal was wack. Suns have much more assets than the Pels do, but I read that the Kings didn't want Knight and the Suns didn't want to trade Bender.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't worry too much...Boogie is a great player, but I doubt you can build a championship team with him. I just think he's a cancer...which is why New Orleans probably got him cheap. Plus, I hear his agents were refusing to sign a long term deal with the new club.

Steve
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well boogie might change his mind if the pelicans make the playoff and sign big name free agent

As of locker room cancer, how would u feel if for ur first 6 years in the league u just lost not to mention the kings front office is idiots, they draft Hassan Whiteside same year as boogie, then they cut him, the next year they draft Bismarck biyombo and trade him on draft night to the bucks for Jimmer Fredette. Then in second round they draft Isaiah Thomas in the second round who turns out to be a star, but they trade him cause they don't want to pay him, a guy who can put up 30 points, and replace him with mediocre Darren Collison, the next year they draft Thomas Robinson with the 5th in 2012, and they let Damian Lillard, Harrison Barnes, Terrence Ross, Andre Drummond, John Henson, and Austin Rivers pass.

In 2013 the draft Ben Mclemore with 8th pick and don't draft CJ McCollum, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Michael Carter-Williams, Steven Adams, Dennis Schroder, a oh yeah and some guys whos on the bucks right who is called the GREEK FREAK.

In 2014 they draft Nik Staukas with the 8th pick, then trade him midway through the year but the pass on Elfrid Payton, Doug McDermott, and Zach Lavine.

In 2015 they draft Willie Calluey-Stein with the 6th pick who can only play center and they already have one and they pass on Emmanuel Mudiay, Stanley Johnson, Justise Winslow, Myles Turner, and Devin Booker.

Then in 2016 they draft Marquess Chris and immediately trade him for nothing.

So the kings have only drafted at best reserves, while passing on players who will be stars, or if they managed to draft a star, the screwed it up.

So some potential lineups if they dont screw up:
Isaiah Thomas
Damian Lillard
Greed Freak
Boogie
Hassan Whiteside

This could have been very possible if u read above

Also with this latest trade, the first round pick was a top 3 protected pick so if the pelicans dont get in playoffs and luck out in lottery and get top 3, the pick goes to the pelicans, so at best the kings are getting a 14th pick.

Go check out Mike Korzemba on utube guys he made an entire video on it, just type in Mike Korzemba, click on his channel and it will be right there

Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I have to thank the Kings on drafting Marquese Chriss for us and accepting the trade McDonough proposed. :)

Kings front office is just as stupid as the Suns in regards to trades. The Suns trade Isaiah Thomas and shipped the 2nd pick of the 2016 draft for Knight, which has a been a huge disappointment. Probably the only trade I like that McDonough did was trading the 13th, 28th and Bojan Bogdanovic for Marquese Chriss on draft night.

As for the 2017 trade deadline, Phoenix was stupid once again. They traded PJ Tucker for two second rounders and Jared Sullinger. We also traded for Mike Scott and we gave Atlanta some cash. Phoenix ended up waiving both Sullinger and Scott and kept the picks. In my opinion, we should've just traded Knight instead of Tucker.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
This is the Suns past 6 seasons of drafting and some offseason moves:

2011- Markieff Morris with the 13th pick. Suns could've drafted Kahwi Leonard or Jimmy Butler.

2012- Kendall Marshall with the 13th pick. We could've drafted Evan Fournier, but it was a weak draft class in my opinion.

2013- Alex Len with the 5th pick. We could've drafted the Greek Freak or Rudy Gobert.

2014- TJ Warren with the 14th pick, Tyler Ennis with the 18th pick and Bogdan Bogdanovic with the 27th pick. We drafted Alec Brown with the 50th pick. We could've drafted Rodney Hood instead of Tyler Ennis.

2015- Devin Booker. I'm really happy with this pick. We also drafted Andrew Harrison, but then we traded him to Memphis.

2016- Dragan Bender with the 4th pick, Georgios Papagiannis with the 13th pick, Skal Labissière with the 27th pick and Tyler Ulis with the 34th pick. We got Marquese Chriss from the Kings by trading Papagiannis, Labissiere, and Bogan Bogdanovic from the 2014 draft.

In the 2013 offseason, Suns got Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler from the Clippers. We traded Butler for Miles Plumlee and we got Gerald Green.

If we didn't trade IT for Knight and gave up the 2016 2nd pick, we could've had Brandon Ingram.

Imagine a starting lineup of Bledsoe, Booker/Hood, Leonard, Greek Freak, and Gobert. We would a really good team and made the playoffs.
Jren7

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
One thing I forgot to factor in, when a team gets a better player he will make their team better so these lineups would be unrealistic cause the team would have a lower pick

Also u can't count in late first second round surprise superstars and say it was the front office cause it's kind of close to luck if one of them turn out to be a superstar so u can't just factor them in like that if ur team had a 5th pick and he got drafted at like 37.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Tucker is a guy the Raptors have coveted for a few seasons. Both he and Ibaka fit in real nice in his first game.

Lowry was out, so didn't get a full view of the new look Raptors.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Tucker is a great defender and I will miss his hustle and heart for the Suns. Hope he'll sign with the Suns in the offseason as he'll be a free agent this summer.

Previous Page | Show All |