Off-Topic Forum

Forum >> Off Topic >> Super Bowl   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Not the way I expected it to happen, but a win is a win :)

Incredible comeback from the King of Comebacks!
GrizzlyDan

Atlanta Braves
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I've been a Falcon fan since the beginning. I am one of the Longsuffering Legion. I'm hoping for a 38-17 statement win. Down with the Empire!
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
That was by far the best super bowl I have ever seen
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Great comeback...I just don't understand why Atlanta didn't run the ball a couple of time to drop the clock to under 3:00 and then kick a ~40 yard field goal to go up by 11.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Honestly, I don't know why they didn't just kick the field goal right away. Why wait for fourth? A field goal at that point would have put the game out of reach.

Updated Sunday, February 5 2017 @ 8:34:10 pm PST
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You don't kick until fourth down because you want to run the clock down as much as possible. If I was an Atlanta fan, I think I would literally be sick. Unfortunately we saw that Matt Ryan is Matt Ryan and Tom Brady is Tom Brady. I hate the Pats, Belichick and Brady, but they're freaking awesome.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I understand basic football tactics. But this was one of those special cases, where I was thinking why wait for 4th. They had good field position, kick the FG now. Pretty hard to get 2 scores in 3 minutes, and it didn't seem like a secure ball day. At the very least they should have run the ball. A pick would have been just as bad.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@Steve - you said it. A couple of runs into the line, heck even a couple of kneel-downs, kick the FG, its all over. Yet even the best coaches make dumb decisions in the heat of the game. Or, on 2nd down if Ryan's first read isn't there then throw it away immediately - you absolutely cannot take the sack there, that's criminal. 93 plays run by the Pats to 46 for Atlanta is ridiculous, Falcons D was just gassed by the end.

I hate the Pats, Belichick and Brady, but they're freaking awesome.

@Mike - yep, you said it too! But as to running the clock down, the Falcons were snapping the ball with 12-15 seconds still on the play clock on that drive, it made no sense. Still doesn't.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock

If they just "kick the field goal" and miss then the Pats get the ball, the field position and the remaining clock.

Really the only thing you can't do there is take a sack and penalty! lol
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You can still run the clock down by kneeling. Going for the TD is pointless. It doesn't get you any better position than the FG.

Previous Page | Show All |