Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
#collusion ?

Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Jeter is the face of the yank@@s for two decades.

He leaves the field, acquired a rival franchise (without cash or collaterals) and the first act is to trade the league MVP to his former (?) team?

Excuse me?

BTW remember the Yankees got Alex Rodriguez under similar suspicions circumstances: the Rangers agreed on a trade to Boston, only for the trade to be void by the league s commissioner.

And we're still talking about the acquisition of a guy named Babe Ruth, and how "no no Nanette" put a spell on the Red Sox
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Frankebasta

Boston needed arod to take a pay cut and take less money in his salary in order to fit in their budget, so when he sent in paperwork to edit his salary, the players association didn't want this to start a domino effect on somethings with players being willynill on their contracts and forming super teams out of nowhere, they didn't void the trade, they voided the contract change. Then when Boone got hurt for the year during training camp who was the 3rd baseman before arod, thats when the yankees decided to trade for arod and they could fit his current salary into their budget

Updated Tuesday, December 12 2017 @ 8:27:50 pm PST
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
# collusion?

Hehe. If the player didn’t have full trade protection, and wasn’t sitting there with his arms crossed saying ‘uh-uh” , you might be able to build some conspiracy theories.

Sounds like the Marlins were pretty limited in what they could do here.

Be interested to see how this works out. As an AL fan I’ve never followed Stanton very closely. My perception has been that he is injury prone. His option also seems pretty toxic. If he plays well he walks, if he plays poorly you are stuck with him forever.

I could see this not working out great for the Yankees.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As a Braves fan, I can say that Stanton is not going to struggle long term. I also believe him when he says he wants to play in front of crowds with a chance to win, as that was not realistic in Miami.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I hope you enjoy Anthopolous. Interesting trade with the Dodgers.

Previous Page | Show All |