Baseball Forum

Forum >> Baseball >> World Series Predictions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Whh2017

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm with Haselrig. Would love to see JV get the ring after coming so close with my Tigers. Go Astros!
nobodyjones

Seattle Rickey
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Had to be a record. 8 HRs, 6 in the 9th+.

Hope they stay banging. The Post HR trot videography is crazy in Houston though... with the fake looking grass/dirt, lighting, and Altuve/Correa sound effects.

Updated Thursday, October 26 2017 @ 1:19:25 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Wow...this game #5 is amazing. 12-12 in the 10th currently...

Steve
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm on board with wanting to see JV win a WS. Also, the Astros' Tyler White is from the same area as I am, even if he didn't make the ALCS or WS rosters. Does someone who was on the divisional series roster get a ring?
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Newtman, I'm fairly sure anyone that was on the roster at any point during the playoffs gets a ring.

Game five was nuts.
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
The Cubs gave rings to any player who was part of the regular season roster last year (even if they were on another team by the end of the season).

Those decisions are handled on a team-by-team basis, though. I would say it's a safe bet that anyone who was on the playoff roster in any round gets a ring.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I did not think that they could do it but the Astros win the World Series.

I am glad they proved me wrong.

Updated Wednesday, November 1 2017 @ 10:59:04 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Wow...Astros win.

So much good hitting...it's kind of a matter of whose pitching would give out.

Kind of wondering why Dodgers didn't try to start Kershaw 3 games...if he's pitching on short rest tonight anyway.

Steve
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
the Astros' Tyler White is from the same area as I am, even if he didn't make the ALCS or WS rosters. Does someone who was on the divisional series roster get a ring?

The rings aren't official. Teams design, pay for, and distribute rings at their discretion.

I'd expect White to get a ring. Teoscar Herndandez (now with Toronto) probably as well.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah like was said above, some World Series winning teams give any player who played any time at all for their team a ring - even if they just played for an inning or 1 AB.

Not sure what the Astros will do.

Updated Thursday, November 2 2017 @ 1:35:04 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |